Thursday 24 June 2010

Review for Burned (House of Night) by P.C. Cast

This is the 7th book in the House of Night series so don’t read this review unless you’ve read the other books you have been warned! I’m not ashamed to admit that I am super addicted to this series. I love the plot, I love the characters although I’m not blind to this books faults. The language can be rather shocking for a YA book. Some parts are cheesy, some annoying but I always want to find out what’s going to happen next because the world that P.C and Kristin have created is addicting. With Zoey in the Otherworld this book needed a new narrator and that narrator is Stevie Rae which I didn’t like all that much seems as her character annoys me sometimes since she turned into a red vampyre. So this book is mainly Stevie Rae’s take on things although you do get chapters narrated from the other cast and sometimes even Zoey. Needless to say I preferred the parts of the book when somebody else was narrating but I didn’t dislike the Stevie Rae moments. In fact by the end of the book I felt like I understood her a lot more and I even started liking Raven mocker Rephaim! All in all I enjoyed this book as I have with all of the books in this series. If you love the other books get this one. Be warned though this book is a little bumpy it has its awesome parts and then not so awesome parts, but then again so do the others. Over all worth the read and I’m still as addicted to this series as ever and cant wait to find out what happens to the gang in the next book Awakened. 4 stars. My Rating 4/5 stars ****
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo