Thursday 24 June 2010

Review for Caribbean Cruising by Rachel Hawthorne

Let me start of by saying that this book is a secret little gem! I’d never heard of this author before and probably wouldn’t have picked it up even if I had because the cover looks a little young and cheesy but when I discovered this book on my Amazon recommendations and found out what it was about I thought I’d give it a try and I’m so glad I did. I read this in one sitting on a hot summer’s day when I fancied something light and summery to read and it sure hit the spot! Eighteen year old Lindsay has just finished school and it’s her summer before heading off to university. Her mothers marrying the wealthy Walter Hunt and is having the wedding and honey moon aboard the Enchantment ship cruise. Lindsay has to be bridesmaid for the first night but then she’s free for the next ten days of the cruise to do as she pleases so she creates a list of everything she wants to do in this time. + soak up the rays + shop until I drop + drink margaritas by the pitcher + dance all night + climb a waterfall + snorkel + kiss a lot of cute guys + sleep with a guy for the first time. But when Walter asks his gorgeous god son Ryan to keep an eye on Lindsay during the cruise, Lindsay finds that sometimes even the most carefully planned lists don’t always go to plan… I really loved this book and I just had to order another two of Rachel Hawthorns books straight after I finished this. It was a fun summer read and Ryan is one of the sweetest fictional guys ever. I couldn’t give this book 5 star’s because some of the characters got on my nerves sometimes, and some bits were kind of adult that I wouldn’t necessarily recommend to younger teens. So over all I give this 4.5 stars and if Rachel Hawthorns other novels are as good as this then she’ll definitely be climbing up to join my other favourite chick lit authors. My Rating 4.5/5 stars ****1/2
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo