Thursday 24 June 2010

Review for Cracked Up to be by Courtney Summers

This book has mainly pretty good reviews. I also really loved the sound of the book so its been on my wish list for a while so when it finally came in stock on Amazon I brought it right away, but I have to say I was a little disappointed. Parker Fadley is one of those girls who has it all. She’s cheerleading captain, has a gorgeous boyfriend and has perfect grades. In fact perfect could be Parkers middle name. So when Parker starts turning up to school drunk, breaks up with her boyfriend, quits the cheerleading squad and generally trys to isolate herself from everyone people don’t understand whats made Parker fall from grace so drastically. Then when new guy Jake turns up and wants to get to know Parker despite the fact she’s not perfect anymore she trys to push him away like everyone else but Jake doesn’t give up easily will Parker let someone in? and will we find out whats caused Perfect Parker Fadley to crumble? Well the main problems I had with this book was that I guessed roughly what happened from the start. The biggest problem though was Parker I found her extremely unlikable and her constant poor me what I did was so awful attitude didn’t make me sympathise with her at all especially because when you find out what happened its really not her fault I can understand why she would think it was but its like seriously girl this may come as a shock but its not all about you. I didn’t really like any of the characters all that much. That being said I didn’t hate this book it was a quick read being only 200 and something pages long and the writing was good and I liked the general idea. Before I read this I also brought Courtney’s second book Some girls are that I will still read and hopefully enjoy a bit more than her first novel, this gets a 3 stars from me. My Rating 3/5 stars ***
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo