Thursday 19 August 2010

Booking Through Thursday

Meme of Reading Questions: 1. Favorite childhood book? Like now theres too many to name but mainly anything by Jacqueline Wilson, Enid Blyton, C. S. Lewis, Roald Dahl and J. K. Rowling. 2. What are you reading right now? I’m currently reading and nearly done with Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles 3. What books do you have on request at the library? None, my library’s not that great so I mainly just buy my books. 4. Bad book habit? I buy too many of them, way too many! 5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? Nothing. 6. Do you have an e-reader? Electronic book technology makes me sad :( 7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? I hate reading more than one book at a time, I figure that if you’re reading a good book why would you want to switch between other books? In my opinion a good book should grip you until the end and not make you want to read anything else. I’ve tried reading two books at a time and it never works I always favour one over the other and devour the book I’m more interested in then come back to the other when I’m done. 8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Not really. Although I try to fit in books for review in between my normal reading. 9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?) Probably either Sunshine by Robin McKinley or The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. They weren’t bad books, just not for me. 10. Favorite book you’ve read this year? Ultimate favourite? I guess that has to be The Shadow of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon which is the very first book I read this year :) 11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? I’d say once a month I try to read something I wouldn’t normally pick up that’s been recommended to me. 12. What is your reading comfort zone? YA and chick- lit. 13. Can you read on the bus? No. I wish I could but I get really bad travel sickness. 14. Favorite place to read? In the summer I try to read outside as much as I can. During winter in my bed or by the fire with a blanket :) 15. What is your policy on book lending? I don’t book lend to anyone other than my best friend Rachel because I know she’d never destroy my books because she’s the same as me about keeping them in good condition and to my mum because I can keep an eye on her! ;) 16. Do you ever dog-ear books? OMG NOOOOO! Dog earing makes me sad. 17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books? OMG NOOOOO! Writing in books makes me sad. 18. Not even with text books? Not even. 19. What is your favorite language to read in? English is the only language I can read in sadly. 20. What makes you love a book? If a book can make me laugh or cry or better yet both I’ll love it. I love characters that feel like friends and an original plot that has plenty of twists and turns. 21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? If I love it and I know someone who enjoys that genre I’ll recommend it. If they don’t like the genre I won’t push it on them. 22. Favorite genre? Too many but I guess if I had to pick just one then YA 23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?) Classics I find them a little intimidating but would love to read them all some day. 24. Favorite biography? Russell Brands- so funny! 25. Have you ever read a self-help book? Yes a couple, I’m not really into them that much although Eat Pray Love and The Happiness Project are on my TBR pile. 26. Favorite cookbook? Bah! I can’t cook! Which I guess is why I need a cookbook… 27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)? I have a few. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen, Sea by Heidi R. Kling, Thin by Grace Bowman, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert. 28. Favorite reading snack? I rarely snack whilst I read because I worry I’ll get crumbs or stains on my book. So if I’m hungry I’ll usually break off and get something to eat. If I do eat whilst reading it tends to be sweets or mints that I can just pop into my mouth. 29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience. I don’t think that’s ever happened to me… 30. How often do you agree with critics about a book? Not very often. Especially with the whole twilight thing and critics comparing every YA book to twilight when it’s nothing like it *rolls eyes* 31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? Fine. I don’t really like doing it and always try to point out some positives and keep it professional. 32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose? Latin would be very cool. 33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read? The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber – That book’s pretty huge. 34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin? A lot of the classics. 35. Favorite Poet? Sylvia Plath. 36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time? None. 37. How often have you returned book to the library unread? When I used to go to the library I’d maybe return one or two unread because I’d usually check out too many! 38. Favorite fictional character? Rose from Vampire Academy I have a girl crush on her. 39. Favorite fictional villain? Voldemort! Who doesn’t love to hate Voldemort? 40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation? Chick-lit and easy reads. 41. The longest I’ve gone without reading. Probably a couple of weeks when I’ve been really ill. Worst times of my life! 42. Name a book that you could/would not finish. I don’t think theres been one I like to always finish a book even if I hate it. 43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? Noises, I have to have silence when I read I’m a very distractible person. 44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel? The Notebook 45. Most disappointing film adaptation? Twilight 46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time? Haha you don’t want to know! I’m thinking just over a hundred maybe? 47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? I do that quiet a lot to see what the text is like and how long the chapters are. 48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through? Not really anything I always like to finish what I’m reading. 49. Do you like to keep your books organized? Yes very! I’m OCD when it comes to my books. 50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them? I mainly keep all of my books. If I don’t enjoy a book I’ll usually either give it to a friend who I think will like it, or donate it to charity or my friends second hand bookshop *waves at Ellie* I keep books I plan to re-read. If I find a book just Ok I’ll pass it on or if I don’t like a book but its part of a series then I’ll keep it until I’ve read the others just in case I end up liking the other books and am then a book short. 51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding? Classics. 52. Name a book that made you angry. A lot of books make me angry. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd was one because of the racism. Anything to do with abuse, racism, cruelty that kind of thing makes me angry. Oh and cliff-hangers make me very angry too! 53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did? Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway. I didn’t expect not to like it but I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did. 54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t? Evermore by Alyson Noel. I was so excited for that book and I just hated it so much. One of the very few books that I hate. 55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading? I don’t really have a guilty pleasure book. One of my favourite books is Taming the Beast by Emily Maguire. It’s a really saucy disturbing book that isn’t the type of book that I usually read but I love it. Ok so that’s my answers for this week, I hope you enjoy reading them. Feel free to leave me a comment with your answers :)

3 comments :

  1. I agree I would love to read in Latin - that was what I said on post.

    Please fell free to pop along and view my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently acquired an eReader for travel...long-haul travel that for weeks on end I'll be gone. But I still prefer actual book most of the time. I don't read more than one book at a time for the exact same reason you gave. I do skim through a few very quickly to decide what I'll read next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha we seem to have the same views when it comes to books Matt :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo