Thursday 21 October 2010

Booking Through Thursday

Name a book (or books) from a country other than your own that you love. Or aren’t there any? Oh I read so many books from different countries! In fact some of my all-time favourites are translated. One of my favourite books of this year The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon is by a Spanish author and No and Me another book I enjoyed recently is translated from the French. On top of that I read many, many books by American authors. I don’t really mind where a books based or if it’s been translated I like books with all types of different settings and read books from other countries regularly.

3 comments :

  1. I don't really care too much about a book's setting, either. And I also loved The Shadow of the Wind - it's a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Aussie, so it's really easy to read books from outside of my country (I'm kind of ashamed to say that I think I've read more American books than Australian ones *blush*).

    I haven't read The Shadow of the Wind, yet (but it looks great, so I'm intending to check it out). But there are a lot of books with different settings I love. The God of Small Things and The White Tiger are set in India. Love in the Time of Cholera is set in South America, and Harry Potter (yay Harry Potter!) is set in England.

    So yeah, I guess I don't care about setting that much. I think some readers must, though, because I've read a lot about books set in other countries being not-so-marketable. Great question :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'The Shadow of the Wind' was the first one I thought of too. I guess classics like Dumas's 'The Count of Monte Cristo' would count, now I think about it - I loved that one!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo