Tuesday 7 December 2010

Review for Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead (A Spoiler Free Review)

This is the last book in the Vampire Academy series. Although this review will contain NO spoilers from Last Sacrifice by talking about the plot there may be unintentional spoilers from earlier books in the series.
The Vampire Academy series is by far my all-time favourite series. Last Sacrifice is the highly anticipated last book in the series and so when I was offered the chance to read this book early before its release date I jumped at the chance. When it arrived I had the stupidest grin on my face all day long and started it as soon as I could. I read this 584 page book in two sittings, and I have to say that this is now my favourite book in the series, it surpassed my greatest expectations. It was so. Damn. Good! Last Sacrifice starts off with only two days having passed since where Spirit Bound left off. Rose is awaiting execution for the murder of Tatiana the vampire queen- wrongful execution at that. Time is running out for Rose can Dimitri pull through for her one last time before it’s too late? Meanwhile best friend Lissa is trying to prove Rose’s innocence in finding out who really killed the queen whilst trying to compete for the royal throne. Can Lissa be queen? Does she even want to be? With the odds against Lissa and Rose both girls find themselves relying on enemies and questioning the people they trust. It’s a race against time and both girls realise that to help one another they may have to sacrifice the very thing that matters to them most…each other. The Vampire Academy series has one of the most layered plots that I’ve ever come across in Young Adult fiction. The world that Richelle Mead has created has so much depth and story. There’s so much going on that your constantly gripped wanting to know what happens next. This vampire world is a world that I love to be in, it’s so well developed that it actually feels like a real place. I think what makes Vampire Academy shine and stand apart from other vampire fiction is that it’s totally original. It’s like no other vampire series that I’ve ever read which is so hard to come across after the success of Twilight. I love that it’s nothing like Twilight and other books out there and is confident enough to stand on its own and do its own thing. Vampire Academy has no weak spots. Everything’s strong and nothing lets it down. The plots original, the characters are hugely likeable, the writings flawless. The series is simply perfection. What I find really fresh about this series is that although there’s an amazing love story, at this books heart is a story about friendship. Deep, loyal, true friendship between two wonderful yet very different girls. Rose and Lissa are brilliant role models for teen readers everywhere, and it’s great to find a series that values true friendship above all else. The characters in this series are all wonderful. I would love every single one of them as a friend. Rose is sassy, feisty, fearless, smart and strong and is my all-time favourite heroine. Head strong and confident girls of all ages will look up to and respect her. Fearless Rose, Kind hearted Lissa, Godlike Dimitri, Loyal Christian and snarky Adrian have come to feel like my own best friends. They each have such brilliant, vivid personalities and reading Last Sacrifice felt like saying goodbye to old friends so much so that I tried to slow my reading down towards the end when it dawned on me that I was getting closer and closer to those final pages. Of course I couldn’t do it though it was just too good! Last Sacrifice has one of the best plots I’ve ever come across with never a dull moment making it impossible to put down. Each chapter reveals something new and answers questions that fans of this series have been dying to know. The writings incredible and Richelle definitely ends this series on a high note. I can’t imagine fans of Vampire Academy being disappointed with the final book at all. I haven’t really gone into the plot that much with this review because I want to keep it spoiler free but you will not be disappointed. All of your questions get answered and so many new things happen along the way. The romance is hot, the betrayals deadly and the writing superb and although everything gets concluded things definitely end on a very interesting note for Richelle Meads new spin off series. I’m so, so sad to see this incredible series come to an end. I’ve loved every minute spent in this world with such a wonderful cast of characters. I can’t wait for more news on Richelle’s spin off series if it’s even half as good as Rose and Co’s story I’m sure were going to be in for a real treat and I really hope the characters from this series make some appearances! If you haven’t read this series yet you are truly missing out on something special. I recommend Vampire Academy to everyone who asks me for book recommendations and never have they been disappointed. Fans of this series are going to be blow away by this grand finale. Honestly guys I can’t even put into words how much I love this series and how you all need to check it out, in fact what are you waiting for? Why are you still reading this? Go read it now, now, now! Only the highest of recommendations for my favourite series. 5 stars. My Rating 5/5 stars ***** Thanks go to Razorbill/Penguin for sending me this book for review.

6 comments :

  1. *Squeal* Super excited to read this book! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I think it's always nice to have the last book in a series as your last and it's nice to hear that this one ends on a high. As you say, I really must read the second in the series very soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay glad you enjoyed the awesomeness, i just reviewed it to , happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree- ended on a wonderful note! This series is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the book, the character of Rose and her relationship with the other characters are what truly make this such a good read as well as the great and original plots and history of the characters and their world...great series
    I was sad about Adrian at the end..what happens to him??? :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last Sacrifice was great! Can't wait for Bloodlines to come out!

    Check out my review of Last Sacrifice here
    http://readingwhiledreaming.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo