Thursday 17 February 2011

Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them! (8)

The new feature co-created and co-hosted by LadyViolet and Jess hearts books where we show off a book cover which we find so damn scrumptious that we'd actually be willing to lick it! Every week we each pick a different cover so be sure to check both blogs!
My Pick for this Week
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Some book covers use bright bold colours, pretty swirls and other fancy stuff to draw readers into picking up the book and some use an object or has something going on between a model/models that’s key to the story. Although shiny pretty covers look great on my bookshelf I kinda prefer book covers that are simple that have something going on that makes me want to know more about the story and that’s what The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer does for me. It’s simple and elegant and sells the book. In this instance what the hell is going on between these two people? Is the guy dragging her down with him or is it the opposite? Is he trying to save her from drowning? Ahhhhhh! This little question has me SO desperate to read the book when it comes out in September this year to find out. Plus the girls dress is so pretty totally triggering off my PDS (pretty dress syndrome) I don’t know that much about this book but this cover along with the synopsis has me totally pining for it. Here’s the simple yet powerful synopsis…
Mara Dyer believes life can’t get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. There is.
She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love. She’s wrong.
So that’s my cover for this week. Feel free to leave me comments letting me know what you think of this week’s pick and if you ever get insane lust over a book cover, does a lovely cover influence you buying the book? Let me know and don’t forget to stop by Rachel’s blog to find out what cover she’d like to Lick this week!

4 comments :

  1. You have no idea how much I LOVE this cover!! It's so gorgeous. I'd do a lot more than just licking! HAHA (sorry, TMI?) This book is highly anticipated on my TBR list for this year. HIGHLY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVELOVELOVE this cover TOO MUCH. It is positively stunning. WHY do we have to wait until September to see it in all it's glory?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cover too. Can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo