Thursday 1 September 2011

Book of the Month! Featuring Spin Offs, Murder, and Love at 40,000 feet

Hi guys, welcome to August's book of the month and monthly round up! This is a feature to sum up for you my reading and recommendations for the past month and to share with you the exciting things that have been going on on the blog and books I’m looking forward to in the following month.

August's Book of the Month is...Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Daughter of Smoke and Bone is not only my favourite book read in August but by far the best book I’ve read all year. I adored this breathtaking magical love story and can’t wait for it to come out later this month so you guys can finally see what all the fuss is about! To find out more about Daughter of Smoke and Bone and why I loved it so much stop by my review here. I predict that it’s going to be HUGE!


Best Plot: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Best Writing: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Best Cover: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Best Characters: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Best Ending: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Best Romance: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Most un-put-down-able: Bad Sisters by Rebecca Chance
Most Memorable: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Best Moral: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Books read this month
50.) Outside the Ordinary World by Dori Ostermiller (4*)
51.) Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur (4*)
52.) Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (5*)
53.) Bad Sisters by Rebecca Chance (4*)
54.) Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (4.5*)
55.) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (5*)

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Daughter of Smoke and Bone, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and Bloodlines

Bookish Highlights of the month
The most exciting thing for me had to be starting my new feature Readers Choice and discovering my favourite book of the year so far! The package I got from the lovely publishers at Headline for Statistical Probability was also lovely as it included some cute goodies (one being a very yummy heart shaped lolly!)

Bookish Lows of the month
writing my review for Forever I love that series so writing a bad review for the last book was hard.

Book’s I’m looking forward to in September
All my Christmas’s have come at once for September there are so many fantastic new books out that I’m looking forward to and this list could go on and on but here are a few of my must reads!

Fury by Elizabeth Miles
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver
As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott
Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
Heist Society by Ally Carter
An Autumn Crush by Milly Johnson
The First Wife by Emily Barr

Yep, see what I mean?

So there you have it my August reading summed up for you guys. Have you read any of the books I’ve read this month? What were your thoughts on them? Leave me a comment and let me know and don’t forget to treat yourselves to Daughter of Smoke and Bone later this month! – You won’t regret it!

1 comment :

  1. I've seen the Daughter of Smoke and Bone on quite a few blogs lately, and it seems to have been a favourite all round.

    I'm looking forward to Sweet Venom too - that's another one I've seen on a lot of blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo