Wednesday 21 September 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Death Cure

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that bloggers are eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Death Cure by James Dashner (Maze Runner #3)
Publication Date: October 11th 2011
From Goodreads
Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.


What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.


The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?

I’m a BIG fan of dystopian books and The Maze Runner series is up there with the best of the best. I’d even go as far as to say it’s as good as The Hunger Games if not better. This series is just so incredible and I can not wait for this final book to the trilogy! The synopsis makes it sound like it could be the best one yet and October 11th although not far away can’t come fast enough! If you haven’t checked out this series yet you cray cray, DO!

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

7 comments :

  1. I haven't read the Maze Runner series yet, but I've heard so much about them... and if they're anywhere near as good as The Hunger Games, I'm SO going to read them! Great pick :)

    You can find my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my WoW a few weeks ago ... so excited for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds really interesting! By the way you talk about it, I guess I should check the series out! Great post!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was going to be my WoW too but I didn't get around to making the post. I'm so excited for this. Pre-ordered on The Book Depository. I'm not waiting till next August when it's out here in the UK. Plus the US covers rock!!! Just need to read The Scorch Trials. It's been on my reading pile for ages. ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the first of the series but still haven't read it!! Sounds like a great set of books though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read The Maze Runner yet...but it's everywhere now. I need to get my hands on a copy. Thanks for being excited about the series (might be the push I need)!

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)

    Here's my Wow:
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-5-trafficked.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never read the Maze Runner or heard of this. Yet I really like Dystopians. Will have to give these books a chance. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo