Thursday 17 November 2011

November’s Readers Choice

Readers Choice is my brand new feature where readers of the blog can vote for which book off my To-Be-Read pile they would like to see me read and review the following month. For more details check out my introduction post here.

November’s Readers Choice is Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini


"How do you defy destiny?


Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.


As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart."

This month’s Readers Choice is coming to you a bit late as last week I was unexpectedly busy and didn’t have time to blog at all. My review for The Taker will be up soon though and I am finally bringing to you this month’s winner! I can’t believe how close November’s vote was, Starcrossed literally won with only one extra vote with Divergent hot on its tail! Then The Sky is Everywhere came in at a very close third! It looks like all of you are huge fans of November’s nominees so I really will have to get to some of them soon!

As mentioned in last month’s post this is my last Readers Choice of the year. With it being Christmas next month and my birthday in January I’m taking a little break from this feature but rest assured that it definitely will be returning in February because I really enjoy doing it! I’m basically going to be getting the blog ready for the year ahead so I’m taking a break from some of my regular features to be able to fit in some Christmas and end of year things! So there is no vote this time round that will return in Feb but as usual I will read and review Starcrossed this month and who knows hopefully you may see some reviews of some of the other nominees before the new vote comes along! From some of the comments you guys left you’ve definitely made me want to check out a few of these ASAP!

So that’s all from me, keep your eyes peeled for reviews for both The Taker and Starcrossed coming soon and I will be back with some new exciting titles for you to choose from in the New Year :).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo