Monday 17 December 2012

Thank You and Announcement!

So this is just a quick little post to say one huge thank you. As some of you may know I made it into the top ten of the blogink competition, now before you all get too excited, I didn’t win. But I’m actually really okay with that. Getting into the top ten was amazing enough on its own and the support I received during the contest was staggering and really touched me so I wanted to take the time to say that, although I didn’t win, your support was amazing and I wanted to say a huge thank you to those of you who watched/supported my video.


To celebrate getting so far in the competition I’ve decided to go ahead and reward myself with something I’ve been looking into and thinking about for some months now. Everyone… I’m getting my own custom blog design!

I really started to look into getting the blog a designer this summer but something was always not quite right. I’d find designers I liked but then I wouldn’t go through with it either because the price was too high, the waiting list too long or they weren’t taking any new orders at the current time and then I got ill and it just didn’t happen. I decided to look back into it as a treat for both me and you guys when I got into the top ten and found my dream designer in Lori at Imagination Designs. Lori’s been fantastic to work with so far and we’ve already come up with some ideas about what I want for the blog. I put down a deposit the other day and I’m currently on the waiting list for April.

The blog is going all fancy pants! I love what we’ve come up with so far and Lori has designed some of my very favourite blogs so I’m really excited for my own personal dream blog design in 2013. I figured this was a good way of giving myself a pat on the back, bettering the blog, and also giving a little something back to you guys with a pretty blog to look at.

Needless to say this is something I’m really excited about and I hope you guys will like the final outcome when it’s ready. Once again thank you so much for supporting me during blogink, and even though I didn’t win I’m looking forward to bringing new and exciting things to this blog in 2013!

12 comments :

  1. Well done. Look forward to seeing your fancy looking blog in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, can't wait to see your fancy new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super exciting Jess! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what your new design is like, I've been thinking vaguely about a revamp myself but I don't know where to start! I might be plaguing you with questions come mid-2013! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be OWLS! ;) And hearts and books to go with my name! I can't wait to see it all come together *squees* Haha question away my lovely! :)

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see the fancy pants design! :) Hard luck on BlogInk. Who won?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know they didn't tell us in the email. I hope you like it!

      Delete
  5. Sorry you didn't win the blogink competition Jess, but I was rooting for you throughout! But that is awesome news about the new blog design, I've seen some of Lori's work and it looks great, so I can't wait to see your new design! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jasprit! Yeah I'm in love with a few of Lori's designs so I can't wait to have my own :)

      Delete
  6. Oh that's great! Even if you didn't win the competition, it's a HUGE thing to get down to the final ten and if it inspired you to get a new design, that's even better!

    Can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna, yeah it's nice to think something good has come off it, I hope you like it!

      Delete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo