Saturday 19 October 2013

Letterbox Love (34) A Rambling and Lengthy Catch-Up!



Letterbox Love is a meme hosted by Lynsey @ Narratively Speaking for UK based book bloggers to showcase the books that they’ve received each week.

Wow, it has been almost a month since I last did one of these! I honestly don't know where that time has gone and why I'm only just getting around to posting a Letterbox Love now except that my weekends have been pretty busy lately and I'm trying to spend less money on books to save for Christmas. Yes I said the C word. Yes it's only October. You're going to have to deal with it because I am a huge fangirl for Christmas time! I started buying presents this week and the general anticipation of it all has started to kick in for me which reflects in this haul because I have some very exciting Christmas books to share with you. The C word aside with all the time that's passed it is entirely possible that I'm missing some books out. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the case but I can't for the life of me remember what I've left out. Alas, these are the books that I REMEMBER acquiring over the past month. Let us begin.

 For Review


Panic by Lauren Oliver (Proof Copy)
A thousand happy dances for your new book Ms Oliver! I seriously want to read it RIGHT THIS SECOND however it's not out until March and so I'm going to try and resist until at least January. Maybe.
Crash into You by Katie McGarry (ARC)
Oh, Isaiah. I just want you to be happy! I need you to be happy in this book or else me and you are going to have words young man. WORDS! *Stares at book in a firm manner*
Impostor by Susanne Winnacker (Proof Copy)
I had no idea that this one was being published in the UK and had the US version on my wishlist and so when the publisher asked me if I wanted a review copy I was all "hell yeah!" and now I have one, and now I have to wait until January to read it because yeah, again, 2014 titles *sighs.*
The Dark Inside by Rupert Wallis (Proof Copy)
Another 2014 title that is going to be sitting staring at me on my shelf until next year. I'll put my hands up and say that I don't know too much about this one but I do know that the publishers are pretty excited about it and that Rupert's writing has been compared to the beauty that is Patrick Ness' so I have high hopes!


 More For Review...


A Gift to Remember by Melissa Hill
And here we start with the pretty Christmas books! And what better book to start with than with Melissa Hill and her story of Christmas and Books and New York and Bookshops? This sounds like my dream story and I love Melissa Hill so I'm hugely looking forward to reading this one next month!
Calling Mrs Christmas by Carole Matthews
Another Christmas book, another gorgeous cover! I read my first Carole Matthews this summer and really enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to trying out another one of her books. This one is about an unemployed woman who sets up her own Christmas business for wrapping presents, writing cards, decorating trees and the like. Sounds like a festive treat!
It Felt Like a Kiss by Sarra Manning (Proof Copy)
I'm a huge fan of Sarra's YA Contemporary books but have yet to read one of her Chick-lit novels so I'm really excited to give 'It Felt Like a Kiss' a go. Although this is another 2014 proof copy that I want to read NOW but which I'm going to have to save until January. Also the cover is GORGEOUS!
Finding It by Cora Carmack
This is irksome because I REALLY want to start this series and have been sent the first and now the third book for review BUT I HAS NO SECOND BOOK!!! Looks like this series is going to have to wait until I can hunt me down a copy of Faking It.


 Bought/Gifted


Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan
Ellie! Ellie! I found it! Ellie found this one in her The Works a couple of weeks ago and I was mega jealous because I love me some Jenny Colgan and I couldn't find one in my store! Then I was in there on Tuesday and found this ONE copy and I snatched it up and hugged it tight. Okay, so I haven't actually read the first Cupcake Cafe book yet - but I own it! And I love Jenny Colgan! And this hardback was only £2.99 when the new paperback is more expensive and so it just made sense for me to buy it.
Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
Whilst I was in The Works I found this copy of Sweetly. I have a proof copy and was mulling over replacing it for the bargain £1.99 that the paperback was. The big deal breaker was when I noticed whilst I was flicking through it that I had been quoted inside! I didn't know this! Of course I couldn't leave without a copy after that.
Ashfall by Mike Mullin
I have had my eye on this one for years and so was really eager to see what Ellie thought when she was reading it to determine whether it should go on or off my wishlist for good. Turns out she loved it (check out her review here) and very kindly sent me her copy. I think this might make a good Halloween read so it's on the pile and I'm hoping to get around to it.
The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher (Proof Copy)
I have a confession. I wasn't the biggest fan of Stolen *ducks and hides.* Still, this one sounded really interesting to me and like it would make a good Halloween read. I think I might have read somewhere that it deals with PTSD as well which has piked my interest further as I've been diagnosed with that myself. Anyway I wanted to read it but was reluctant to actually buy a copy and so my day was made when the lovely Amber sent me her proof copy! I'm hoping that I'll get around to this one for Halloween and that I'll enjoy it more than I did Stolen.

 That's all from me! And I apologise for the rather long ramblyness of this post. If you read it all and didn't skim read then a big "Aww shucks!" and a hearty hug to you. Needless to say it looks like there will be some brilliant reading in store for me! As always thank you to the lovely publishing folk for the review copies. If you decided to do a Letterbox Love, Book Haul, IMM, Showcase Sunday, Mailbox Monday or whatever else featuring the books you got this week leave me a link as I’d love to check out your books too! ^_^

 Happy reading till next time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo