Monday 3 March 2014

February Round Up and Book of the Month


February's Book of the Month is The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes


I had a really tough time choosing between The One Plus One and Half Bad for my book of the month. Both were excellent in completely different ways! In the end I decided to go with The One Plus One because it had such an emotional impact on me. I love my emotional reads and even though it's been nearly a month since I read it I still can't get the Thomas family out of my head! This is my first 5 star read of the year and if you haven't picked up anything by Jojo Moyes yet I highly recommend that you do. To read more on my thoughts for this one check out my review here.


*** I loved the message of family in this book! *** 

Read in February 
11.) We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (3*)
12.) The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes (5*)
13.) Cress by Marissa Meyer (4.5*)
14.) Amy and Matthew by Cammie McGovern (4*)
15.) Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott (4*)
16.) Panic by Lauren Oliver (3*)
17.) Deeper by Robin York (3.5*)
18.) Half Bad by Sally Green (5*)

Monthly Book Awards
Best Plot: Half Bad by Sally Green
Best Writing: The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
Best Cover: Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott
Best Characters: The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
Best Ending: Cress by Marissa Meyer
Best Romance: Amy and Matthew by Cammie McGovern
Most un-put-down-able: Half Bad by Sally Green
Most Memorable: The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
Best Moral: Amy and Matthew by Cammie McGovern

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: The One Plus One, Half Bad and Cress with a special mention to Amy and Matthew because I really did love that book too!

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in March
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Bad Brides by Rebecca Chance
Shattered by Teri Terry
Far From You by Tess Sharpe
The Time of Our Lives by Jane Costello
Trouble by Non Pratt

 What was the best book you read in February? And what are you looking forward to reading this month?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo