Friday 12 December 2014

My Most Anticipated Books of 2015 Part 2: Sequels and Companions

Welcome to the second part of my Most Anticipated Books of 2015 series! On Monday I talked about debuts, standalones and first books in a new series here. Today I'll be sharing the ten sequels and companion novels that are being released in 2015 that I'm the most excited about. I won't be including the synopsis for the books this time because I don't want to accidentally spoil anybody who isn't up to date with any of these series or hasn't had the chance to check them out yet. In no particular order, here are my top ten most anticipated sequels and companions!



The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead 
Series: Final book in Bloodlines 
Coming February 10th 2015 
I can't believe that it's almost over! I was devastated when Vampire Academy finished and this series helped ease the pain but now I really do have to let go of these characters and this world and I'm so sad. I can't wait to see how everybody's stories wrap up but at the same time it's going to be very bittersweet to read this final book. 

 Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare 
Series: Book one in The Dark Artifices, companion to The Infernal Devices and The Mortal Instruments 
Coming September 2015 
I'm so excited for this new series from Cassandra Clare! I loved meeting Emma in City of Heavenly Fire and I can't wait to follow her story. At the same time I'm so excited to get back to this world and (hopefully!) see some familiar faces from Clare's other series. 

 End of Days by Susan Ee 
Series: Final book in Penryn and the End of Days 
Coming May 12th 2015 
I absolutely adore this series and will be sad to see it end! Not much has been revealed about it yet other than the author announcing that it'll be the last in the series but I loved the other two books so much that I have every faith that End of Days will be fantastic.


Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder 
 Series: Book one in the Soulfinders series, continuation of The Chronicles of Ixia 
Coming February 24th 2015 
The Chronicles of Ixia was a Fantasy series that I loved way before books like Throne of Glass and Shadow and Bone came on to the scene and is a series that I recommend to fans of those books. It's been six years since I've last been with Yelena and Valek and I can't wait to be back with them again in this new series! 

 P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han 
Series: Sequel to To All The Boys I've Loved Before 
Coming June 2nd 2015 
I absolutely love Jenny Han's books and To All the Boys I've Loved Before was one of the cutest books I read this year. I believe this series is a duology and I can't wait to see how everything ends up for Lara Jean and the boys she loves. 

 Winter by Marissa Meyer 
 Series: Book Four of The Lunar Chronicles 
Coming November 24th 2015 
This is another book that we don't have much information on yet but I love this series and this book is said to take place on the moon so there's that. There's still almost a year to wait for this one but I have no doubt that it'll be worth it. 

 Rhiannon by David Levithan 
 Series: Companion to Every Day 
Coming unknown time in 2015 
So I first found out about this book when I met David Levithan earlier this year. When he announced the news I think I let out a tiny squeal of joy. Every Day is one of my favourite books. Ever. I believe this is Every Day told in Rhiannon's perspective and I can not wait! I've already started preparing myself for the feels.


The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski 
Series: Book two in The Winner's Trilogy 
Coming March 12th 2015 
I think that this is a sequel that would make most peoples lists! I really enjoyed the first book in this series and I think it'll be another beloved fantasy series of mine. I feel very lucky to have this on my Kindle to read and will be picking it up early next year! 

 Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo 
Series: Book one in The Dreggs set in the Grishaverse 
Coming October 8th 2015 
Okay, so I might be cheating a little adding this book to this list but because it's set in the Grisha world I figured I could pass it off as a companion series. This hasn't got a proper synopsis yet but it's pitched as Ocean’s 11 meets Game of Thrones which sounds awesome. I got to hear Leigh talk about this book a little when I met her this year and I think it's going to be fantastic. 

 Carry On by Rainbow Rowell 
Series: Companion to Fangirl 
Coming October 2015 
So when Rainbow announced this the other day I think I fangirled so hard that I died because surely this book can only exist in some kind of bookish heaven right? Wrong. It's true, Rainbow Rowell is releasing *that* Carry On. I've been wondering for a while if we'd get a new book from her in 2015 but never in my wildest dreams did I expect this. It's her first fantasy novel and as a massive fan of Fangirl I have no doubt that it'll be brilliant. 

 So there you have it! What sequels and companions are you looking forward to being released next year? 

Make sure you drop by again next Friday for the final top ten books I'm pining for in 2015. Next time I'll be focusing on UKYA releases.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo