Friday 3 July 2015

June Round Up and Book of the Month


June's Book of the Month is Remix by Non Pratt



Remix was the perfect summer read! I picked this up to get me even more excited to go see Taylor Swift in concert with my best friend and it certainly did the trick! I loved the focus on best friends here rather than romance and how real both Kaz and Ruby felt. This is a must read UKYA book. For more of my thoughts check out my review here.


Read in June
48.) Remix by Non Pratt (4.5*)
49.) The Cake Shop in the Garden by Carole Matthews (3.5*)
50.) Seed by Lisa Heathfield (4*)
51.) Afternoon Tea at the Sunflower Cafe by Milly Johnson (4.5*)
52.) The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow by Katherine Woodfine (3.5*)

To my shame I only read five books this month - half of my usual total. It's been a very busy month though and I've also made my return to blogging, planned YALC Month and have started working on my very first novel. With July being YALC Month I hope to fit in more reading time even though July is also going to be busy for me.

 Monthly Book Awards 
Best Plot: Afternoon Tea at the Sunflower Cafe by Milly Johnson
Best Writing: Remix by Non Pratt
Best Cover: Seed by Lisa Heathfield
Best Characters: Remix by Non Pratt
Best Ending: Seed by Lisa Heathfield
Best Romance: The Cake Shop in the Garden by Carole Matthews
Most un-put-down-able: Seed by Lisa Heathfield
Most Memorable: Remix by Non Pratt
Best Moral: Afternoon Tea at the Sunflower Cafe by Milly Johnson

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Remix, Afternoon Tea at the Sunflower Cafe and Seed.

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in July
First Class Murder by Robin Stevens
The Great Village Show by Alexandra Brown
The Little Flower Shop by the Sea by Ali McNamara
The Heavenly Italian Ice Cream Shop by Abby Clements
 Little Black Lies by Sharon Bolton
The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson

 What did you read and love in June? 
 And what are you looking forward to reading in July?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo