Friday 3 June 2016

May Round Up and Book of the Month

Hi everyone, I just wanted to apologise for the lack of posts in May. It was a pretty bad month for me personally as I went through a health scare, after a hospital appointment and waiting for test results I have finally been given the all clear and I'm looking forward to getting caught up on some blogging! Despite some personal problems May wasn't all bad and I read some pretty amazing books which I'm excited to share with you today!

May's Book of the Month is Under Rose-Tainted Skies 
by Louise Gornall



If you follow me on Twitter then you'll probably have already seen me gushing about this book as I certainly haven't kept my love for it quiet! Everyone knows that I love a good book about mental health and this book puts every little thought or feeling I've had about my own anxiety down on to paper in the most magical way. It's an absolute must read for anyone living with mental health (which means all of us, right?) and I suspect that it's going to be incredibly well received when it's released next month. It's one of my favourites of 2016 for sure!

Read in May
55.) How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry (4*)
56.) Lumberjanes V3 by Noelle Stevenson (3.5*)
57.) How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne (4.5*)
58.) The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (4*)
59.) Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall (5*)
60.) With Malice by Eileen Cook (3.5*)
61.) My Map of You by Isabelle Broom (4.5*)
62.) Distress Signals by Catherine Ryan Howard (4.5*)

Monthly Book Awards
Best Plot: Distress Signals by Catherine Ryan Howard
Best Writing: How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne
Best Cover: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Best Characters: How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne
Best Ending: Distress Signals by Catherine Ryan Howard
Best Romance: Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall
Best Friendship: How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne
Most un-put-down-able: Distress Signals by Catherine Ryan Howard
Most Memorable: Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall
Best Moral: Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Under Rose-Tainted Skies, Distress Signals, How Hard Can Love Be? 

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in June
The Fire Child by S. K. Tremayne
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
Dear Amy by Helen Callaghan
Baby Doll by Hollie Overton
Sunshine Over Wildflower Cottage by Milly Johnson
Always With Love by Giovanna Fletcher
Time After Time by Hannah McKinnon
The Secret of Orchard Cottage by Alexandra Brown
The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder
You Know Me Well by David Levithan and Nina LaCour
Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
London Belongs to Us by Sarra Manning
Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk

 What was your favourite book of May? 
 And what are you looking forward to reading in June?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo