Thursday 30 August 2018

6 Books I Want to Read Before the End of the Year

With September and the final part of the year fast approaching I got to thinking about all of the books still on my TBR that I want to read before the end of the year, so today I wanted to highlight the six at the very top of my TBR because your girl always loves a list and if I put it out into the world I'm way more likely to actually get around to reading them!


Strange the Dreamer is a book that I've been desperate to read ever since it was first released last year and for some reason or another just haven't gotten around to. With the final part of this series Muse of Nightmares out really soon, now seems like the perfect time to read this duology back to back and soak up all of the beautiful Laini Taylor words all at once.


Sci-Fi is a genre that has been very neglected by me over the past couple of years and This Mortal Coil is a book from that genre that I've heard nothing but good things about. This sounds like a fresh new spin on zombie books and also looks at genetic modification a subject that I find so fascinating. I have a feeling I'm going to love this one and am itching to pick it up soon!


The release of the final book in the Throne of Glass series Kingdom of Ash is just around the corner and I've heard that Tower of Dawn is required reading before the final book. I'm currently reading it now and despite a huge 600+ page book from Chaol's point of view seeming really daunting at first, I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying it!


Sky in the Deep is a 2018 debut that I've heard nothing but good things about from everyone who has read it this year. This is set during the winter months so I've specifically been saving it for cooler weather and I'm so excited to get to it over the next few months, all snuggled up under a blanket with a candle burning!


THUG has been on my radar for the longest time and I still haven't gotten around to it! I think I'm a bit intimidated by how good it's supposed to be. The movie adaptation is being released this October and the trailer looks awesome so I'm making it my goal to read it before then so I can go and support this important story in the cinema.


Scythe is such a well loved book that everybody seems to have read this year but me. The world sounds so fascinating, population control is another subject that I just find endlessly interesting and the idea of scythes already just blows my mind! I'm so so excited for this one and think it'll make a great Halloween read!

 Have you read any of these books? 
What books do you want to read before the end of the year?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo