Saturday 24 July 2010

Review for The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

This is the third and final book in the darkest powers trilogy there may be spoilers from the first two books you have been warned! I’ve really enjoyed this young adult series by Kelly Armstrong, and so I’m definitely going to be checking out her adult books in the near future. If you’re reading this review then I take it you’ve read the other two books and know what the story’s about so I won’t go into that. Chances are if you enjoyed the first two books you’re going to enjoy this one- I know I did! As usual the writing was brilliant, the plot action packed and the characters their usual delightful selves. I really wanted to give this book 5 star’s because I really have enjoyed this series but I was really rather peeved that a lot of my questions didn’t get answered. I know that Kelley’s releasing another series set in this world with some of the characters from this series in it but I felt a bit cheated that if you want some answers you’ll have to read the other series to find out. I really think that was unfair and she should have tied everything up properly. You don’t get to find out why Chloe’s necklace changes colour and what that means. Nor do you get to really find out what happens to Rae which really irked me. I will be reading The Gathering though so hopefully I’ll get my answers eventually, but still definitely a bit of a con to get others to read her next series. Over all though I thought this was a very enjoyable book and I loved seeing Chloe get the boy I hoped she’d end up with. Thank you Kelley Armstrong for writing such a wonderfully action packed original series. My Rating 4/5 stars ****

3 comments :

  1. You're right that she didn't tie everything up. I'm usually okay with open endings but now that you mention it, I don't recall an explanation for Chole's necklace and I really want to know now haha. Still, I loved this series. Totally action packed and full of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason she didn't tie up everything because the series isn't over. That group is done, but she will release her next book The Gathering with a totally different cast of kids being experimented on. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'm really looking forward to The Gathering & hope Chloe & Co are in it a lot! Smart of Kelley not tieing everything up to get people to read the next part of the series, but still kind of annoying because I thought I'd get my answers in this book! *sigh* never mind bring on The Gathering! I really did love this series :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo