Thursday 4 November 2010

Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them! (2)

Hey folks! It’s Thursday so that means it’s time to get those tongues at the ready! Covers So Lovely We’d Lick Them is a new feature co-created and co-hosted by LadyViolet and Jess Hearts Books where we show off a book cover which we find so damn scrumptious that we'd actually be willing to lick it! Every Thursday we each pick a different cover to gush about so check both blogs! My Pick for this Week Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (US edition) Do I really have to explain this week’s pick? I mean just LOOK at it! I think the cover for Halo is my all-time favourite cover ever. I love how unlike a lot of paranormal romance it’s a bright golden yellow making it positively glow and stand out from the rest on the shelf. I have my own copy of this book and the detail to it in person is simply gorgeous. Taking off the dust cover the actual book is a deep rich chocolate brown with gold lettering. I just want to eat this book up! Everything about it is stunning from the sunrise/set to the shadows of the angel and the boy. Our UK edition is slightly different the covers darker giving it a more sunset effect and the characters are on the other side of the book. I like our UK one but I’m not as in love with it as the US cover I personally don’t think they should have changed it at all. This is probably because I lusted after Halo and its cover months before it came out so seeing it differently just looks a little odd to me. This book just screams romance and with it being about angels just adds the cherry on top of the cake for me. I’m in huge cover lust with this one and can’t wait to read it! So that’s my cover for this week. Feel free to leave me comments letting me know what you think of this feature and if you ever get insane lust over a book cover, does a lovely cover influence you buying the book? Let me know and don’t forget to stop by Rachel’s blog to find out what cover she’d like to Lick this week!

3 comments :

  1. I can't say I've ever been tempted to lick a cover but I've certainly bought books based on them! Just today I saw the cover for Melissa Walker's forthcoming YA, Small Town Sinners, and it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover too unfortunately I didn't love the book. Great meme idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool meme idea! I feel the same as Nic about this book. Great cover, but didn't enjoy the book one bit! :-/

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo