Wednesday 4 May 2011

Random Acts of Kindness: April Thankyous!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Random Acts of Kindness it’s a feature hosted by Book Soulmates where every month bloggers link up their wishlists in the hope that a generous blogger will grant one of their book wishes! This can be by giving away one of your own books, or buying and sending a new copy! RAK is a selfless act and nobody expects something in return other than a nice gesture in a post at the end of the month saying thank you. In April I received 4 books from my wishlist so let me show you what I got!
Zombies vs. Unicorns by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier This one was sent to me from Lisa at Baffled Books, it’s been on my wishlist for such a long time and I was absolutely thrilled to receive this one as a surprise, THANK YOU! One Seriously Messed-Up Week: in the Otherwise Mundane and Uneventful Life of Jack Samsonite by Tom Clempson I received a £5 Amazon gift card to pre-order this one from the lovely Birgit of The Book Garden, it sounds right up my street and I can’t wait for it to be released THANK YOU! Girl on the Run by Jane Costello This one was a lovely surprise from my good friend Ellie at Musings of a Bookshop Girl who recently discovered RAK through one of my IMM posts. I’d been eyeing this one since it came out and was so happy when this arrived as a total surprise in the mail! THANK YOU! Life of Pi by Yann Martel My last RAK is a book I’ve wanted forever just because it’s one of those books that you HAVE to read because of the amount of praise it’s received this was sent to me from Lainy at So many books, so little time. THANK YOU!
Huge HUGE thank yous to all the lovely generous people who sent me books last month! If you want to learn more about Random Acts of Kindness you can find out all the details and how to take part here. For anyone taking part this month here’s my wishlist :-)
Top books I’m wishing for
Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt Bitter End by Jennifer Brown Beauty Queens by Libba Bray But I Love Him by Amanda Grace Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo