Sunday 9 March 2014

Letterbox Love (38)



Letterbox Love is a meme hosted by Lynsey @ Narratively Speaking for UK based book bloggers to showcase the books that they’ve received each week.

Hi guys! Here's my book haul for March so far and it's an exciting one! I've received so many of my most anticipated books of the year. My TBR is packed full of exciting books right now and I'm loving working my way through them.

I can't get over the irony of doing a 'Letterbox Love' post because my letterbox hasn't received a whole lot of loving lately. We've been given the postman from HELL. He's rude, my stuff turns up days late, if at all, I've had to email three publishers this month letting them know that the books they sent out for review have gone missing. Ugh. The other day I caught him walking off with a letter from my best friend. Good job I recognised her writing paper and stopped him to ask if it was mine. Seriously guys he is hopeless and as a book blogger it's so important to have a good postie. Right, now, with that vented let's get on to the books!

 Review Books


The Worst Girlfriend in the World by Sarra Manning (Proof Copy)
Yesss!!!! We're starting off with one of my most anticipated books of the year folks! I'm such a huge Sarra Manning fan and have been since my teens so I am hugely excited to have an early proof of her next YA novel.
Landline by Rainbow Rowell (Proof Copy)
If you know me at all you'll know that when this dropped through my letterbox there was plenty of happy dancing and squeals of excitement. Guys! Rainbow Rowell! I love her, I love her books, and I couldn't be more grateful at the chance to read this book early.
The Travelling Tea Shop by Belinda Jones (Proof Copy)
I've never read anything by Belinda Jones before but I love my foodie chick-lit and am looking forward to giving this one a go. I also love the pretty cover!
A Kiss in the Dark by Cat Clarke
Here be another one of my most anticipated books of the year! I adore Cat Clarke and her gritty contemporary thrillers and I'm so excited to read this soon!
Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan
Jenny is the queen of foodie chick-lit and is one of my favourite authors. I've been looking forward to this for ages and am looking forward to devouring it on a lovely spring day sometime soon.

 Bought Books


The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
This book is right at the top of my most anticipated books of 2014 list (are you guys seeing a pattern yet!?) and I had this on pre-order. The book itself is stunning with distressed page edges and I'm so in love with the cover. When I went to add this on Goodreads I noticed that every one of my friends has rated it 5 stars. Also there is a quote from Kristin Cashore on the back and I'm hoping that this will be the gorgeous fantasy novel that I'm hoping it'll be.
Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor
I'd seen this one around and was interested in it but it was my friend Jasprit's review that finally convinced me that I need to read this one. I'm loving my emotional reads this year and am really looking forward to this!
Split Second by Kasie West
I adored the first book in this series Pivot Point and after that heartbreaking ending I have to know what's going to happen next! This is really high on my TBR right now! I need more from Trevor!
A Hundred Pieces of Me by Lucy Dillon
I've already read this one and am completely in love with it. There seems to be so many gems coming out in women's fiction this year and so far it's the genre where my favourite reads are coming from. I'll have a review of this up soon.
Just a Girl, Standing in Front of a Boy by Lucy-Anne Holmes
I picked this up to make up the 2 for £7 deal in Tesco along with A Hundred Pieces of Me. I've never read anything from this author before but everyone seems to be loving this book so I'm excited to check it out.

As always thank you to the lovely publishing folk for the review copies. If you decided to do a Letterbox Love, Book Haul, IMM, Showcase Sunday, Mailbox Monday or whatever else featuring the books you got this week leave me a link as I’d love to check out your books too! ^_^ 

 Happy reading till next time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo