Sunday 20 April 2014

Letterbox Love (39)



Letterbox Love is a meme hosted by Lynsey @ Narratively Speaking for UK based book bloggers to showcase the books that they’ve received each week.

Hello and Happy Easter book friends! I have a large and rather awesome book haul to share with you today that I've accumulated over the past month. The books have been coming in slow but steady and now I have a nice hefty haul to share with you. Some were bought as Easter treats, a couple I won and the others are exciting review copies. So sit back with your chocolate egg of choice and behold all of the pretties!

 For Review/ Won


You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher (Proof Copy)
I won an early proof of this through Goodreads and promptly devoured it as soon as it arrived! I absolutely loved this book and you can expect a review for it soon.
The Geography Of You And Me by Jennifer E. Smith
Yep, I've read this one already too and have just posted my review here. This is my favourite Jennifer E. Smith book so far. It was one of those books that was so perfect that I felt like it was written just for me! This one got a very rare 5 star rating.
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
And I might have already read this one too! The writing is so gorgeous and fans of books like The Perks of Being a Wallflower are going to absolutely love it!
Precious Thing by Colette Mcbeth
At last! One that I actually haven't read yet! This is supposed to be a fantastic adult thriller about friendship. It's something a little bit different on my TBR and the synopsis has me really intrigued to read it.


The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa
I wasn't a fan of this cover change when I first saw it but I must admit it has been growing on me the more I look at it. I'm still mad that my trilogy doesn't match (WHY!? PUBLISHERS WHY!?) but cover aside I'm so excited to see how this series ends!
The Fearless by Emma Pass
Although I've fallen out of love with the dystopian genre a bit this year this one sounds really good and it's UKYA so I'm excited to give it a go.
Alex As Well by Alyssa Brugman
This one arrived through my letterbox as a complete surprise but it sounds fantastic! I'm loving my LGBT reads this year and this sounds like a very interesting one.
Say Her Name by James Dawson (Proof Copy)
I'm so excited to have an early copy of this! I loved James' book Cruel Summer and am excited for another horror YA!

 Bought/ Won


The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
I'm so in love with the cover for this one! I'm not a huge fan of short stories or novella's but I am a huge fan of this series and having a bound up prequel makes this much more appealing to me than reading each novella individually on my Kindle.
A Place to Call Home by Carole Matthews
I won this from the lovely Sophie at Reviewed the Book and I'm so excited to read it! I love Carole Matthews and this is coming up soon on my Spring TBR! Thanks again Sophie!
Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
I absolutely adore David Levithan's writing and have had this on my wishlist for ages so I was so happy to get a copy for Easter! This is another one that won't stay on my TBR for long.



To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
I had this one on pre-order and although my pre-order arrived days later than everybody else's it's here now and I couldn't be happier! This sounds like such a 'Jess book' and is high on my TBR at the minute!
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
I finished this book last night and it was EPIC! Seriously one of my favourite series endings ever. I loved every moment of this 600 page beast and I'm so sad that the series is over. I'm going to be meeting Laini next month and I'm going to be so in awe of her that it's going to be hugely embarrassing on my part. I'll be that girl that everybody hates who is crying and will not freaking step away from the line and let everybody else have a turn with Laini.
What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
This sounds like another gorgeous summer read that again is super high on my TBR. We're having some beautiful spring days here in England right now and it's making me crave beachy contemporaries so I imagine I'll be picking this up sooner rather than later.



While I'm here I just wanted to share with you guys my gorgeous signed and illustrated copy of Dreams of Gods and Monsters! The publishers had a limited number signed and illustrated by Laini for people who pre-ordered and I was lucky enough to get this special edition! 


 As always thank you to the lovely publishing folk for the review copies. If you decided to do a Letterbox Love, Book Haul, IMM, Showcase Sunday, Mailbox Monday or whatever else featuring the books you got this week leave me a link as I’d love to check out your books too! ^_^ 

 Happy reading till next time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo