Friday 2 December 2016

Christmas With Lisa Dickenson

Today I have Lisa Dickenson on the blog talking about her new Christmas book Mistletoe on 34th Street and how she celebrates Christmastime. So grab a hot chocolate, turn on your Christmas playlist and spend Christmas with Lisa Dickenson...


1.) What sparked the idea for Mistletoe on 34th Street?
I love New York at Christmas (I mean, who doesn’t?) and so when I decided to do another Christmas book it seemed like a natural fit. The actual storyline however was inspired by my own stay in New York in December of 2010, when my (then boyfriend) Phil and I were on the last stop of a year-long round the world trip. He proposed on our “last night”, but then the UK had a huge snow storm and we were stranded in NYC with Christmas Day, which we’d been so looking forward to getting home in time for, creeping closer and closer.

2.) How do you get into the festive spirit to write? 
I listen to soooooo many Christmas songs! Christmas music is the soundtrack to many of my summer months while I try and conjure up images of twinkling lights and crunchy snow. It helps that I do love a bit of Nat King Cole and Mariah, though.

3.) If you could spend Christmas in New York what would you get up to? 
I would walk around Central Park – a lot – because it’s peaceful and beautiful and great for people-watching. I’d go to Rockefeller Plaza and see all the angels because it’s my favourite part of New York during the holidays. And I’d eat absolutely everything because a) American food is yummy, and b) if you can’t stuff your gob at Christmas, when can you?

4.) What are some of your favourite books/movies set in New York?
I adore Home Alone 2 and Elf for the Christmas in NYC factor, but I also love How To Marry A Millionaire and Catch Me If You Can. Book-wise, I Heart New York by Ms Kelk or The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld.

5.) Which of your characters would you most like to kiss underneath the mistletoe? 
I couldn’t possibly; my leading men are all taken ;)

6.) Do you have any Christmas traditions? 
Oh lots, I love Christmas traditions! I love to watch all the Christmas movies, listen to all the music, eat all the chocolate oranges and see as much family as possible.

7.) Favourite Christmas food and drink? 
Chocolate oraaaaaanggggggge and mulled wine, pleasezz and thank youzz.

8.) Favourite Christmas movie?
Muppet’s Christmas Carol and It’s A Wonderful Life and Home Alone (soz for choosing three)

9.) Favourite Christmas song? 
I can’t decide on just one for this question either! I love Sleigh Ride, Last Christmas, Let It Snow, All I Want for Christmas Is You, The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year, and (wildcard) Santa Tell Me by Ariana Grande.

10.) What does Christmas mean to you? 
It means being kind. No matter your religion, your political views, your beliefs, your loves, it’s just about coming together and being kind to each other. And eating chocolate for breakfast.


 Mistletoe on 34th Street is available to buy in all good bookshops now. 
 Add Mistletoe on 34th Street on Goodreads here 
 Follow Lisa on Twitter @LisaWritesStuff
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo