Friday 25 November 2016

Christmas With Cathy Bramley

Hello everyone! Last Christmas I hosted a new festive feature "Christmas With..." and it was so popular that I decided to bring it back again in 2016. Once again it's time to get into the Christmas spirit by snuggling up with some Christmassy reads so I am inviting some lovely authors who have Christmas books out this year to come on the blog and have a little chat with us about all things festive!

Today I have Cathy Bramley on the blog talking about her new Christmas novella Comfort & Joy and how she celebrates Christmastime. So grab a hot chocolate, turn on your Christmas playlist and spend Christmas with Cathy Bramley...


1.) What made you decide to return to the Plumberry School of Comfort Food at Christmas? 
I love all the locations of all my books, but there is something about the village of Plumberry and the cookery school that has really stuck with me. The chance to go back and see how all the characters spent their Christmas was too good an opportunity to miss!

2.) How did you get into the festive spirit to write? 
Ha, good question! The weeks I chose to write this book were the hottest we'd seen in England for years! I made a Christmas playlist on Spotify and played it in my office, in the car and even when I was cooking to get in the mood!

3.) If you could spend Christmas with your characters what would you get up to? 
I'd get Tom cooking the dinner, Mags mixing up one of her cocktails and I'd sit down by the fire with Verity for a good old chat!

4.) Which festive food would you most like Verity to whip up for you?
Mince pies! I love mince pies but mine always burst and the mincemeat always bubbles over the lid. Perhaps I'm adding too much brandy to the mix...?

5.) What’s your favourite thing about Christmastime? 
Oh gosh, can I only choose one thing? Okay, well I'd have to say getting together with my family on Christmas Eve, when all the shopping and wrapping has been done and we know we've got a lovely day to look forward to together.

6.) Favourite Christmas movie?
The Holiday. I could honestly watch this on a loop. I love everything about it (except Jack Black - wrong choice)

7.) Favourite Christmas song? 
It used to be 'Last Christmas' by Wham! Now I like to cry buckets at 'Wherever you Are' by the Military Wives Choir

8.) What does Christmas mean to you? 
For me it's a family time, a chance to switch off from normal life and relax and have fun together. I can't wait...

 Comfort & Joy is available to buy as an e-book now.
 Add Comfort & Joy on Goodreads here
 Follow Cathy on Twitter @CathyBramley
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo