Thursday 24 June 2010

Review for The Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

The Shadow of the Wind is an exciting and suspenseful gothic thriller, set immediately after the Spanish Civil War. One early morning a young boy is taken by his farther to The Cemetery of Forgotten Books a hidden library in Barcelona full of rare and obscure titles. Daniels father asks him to choose one book and to treasure it for the rest of his life. This is how Daniel happens upon The Shadow of the Wind. After reading it Daniel becomes obsessed with the book and its author Julian Carax, as he investigates he is drawn into the mystery of Julian Carax, his books, his death and his life. Before long Daniel is tangled up in the web that Carax has left behind a web spun out of murder, love, betrayal and revenge. I adored this book. It’s one of those rare books that I would recommend to anyone as I truly believe that it has something for everyone. This is one of my all time very favourite reads that I know I’ll re-read over and over in the years to come. I rushed out and brought Carlos Ruiz Zafon’s second book The Angel's Game as soon as I finished it and if it’s half as good as The Shadow of the Wind then I’m in for an outstanding read. My Rating 5/5 stars *****
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo