Friday 7 October 2011

Book of the Month! Featuring Dead Sisters, 15th July and The Boy Next Door…

Hi guys, welcome to September's book of the month and monthly round up! This is a feature to sum up for you my reading and recommendations for the past month and to share with you the exciting things that have been going on on the blog and books I’m looking forward to in the following month.

September's Book of the Month is...One Day by David Nicholls...AND Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Okay so this month I’m totally cheating and having TWO books of the month. If I’ve had a good book month then yes its usually hard for me to pick just one book that I would absolutely recommend above all others for you guys to check out but this month it was IMPOSSIBLE seriously I loved these two books so hard and if they’d been read on separate months they would both totally be deserving of Book of the Month so this month I’m cheating and having two. But seriously two amazing love stories that are so much more than love stories. I like the fact that one’s YA and one’s adult so depending on what you follow the blog for ( I know some people are here strictly for chick-lit and others YA) there’s something for hopefully all of you :-) Reviews coming soon!



Best Plot: Soul Beach by Kate Harrison
Best Writing: One Day by David Nicholls
Best Cover: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Best Characters: One Day by David Nicholls
Best Ending: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Best Romance: One Day by David Nicholls
Most un-put-down-able: The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
Most Memorable: One Day by David Nicholls
Best Moral: One Day by David Nicholls

Books read this month
56.) Velvet by Mary Hooper (4*)
57.) The Lying Game by Sara Shepard (3.5*)
58.) Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard (3.5*)
59.) One Day by David Nicholls (5*)
60.) Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement- Moore (2*)
61.) Soul Beach by Kate Harrison (4.5*)
62.) Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (5*)

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: One Day, Lola and the Boy Next Door and Soul Beach

Bookish Highlights of the month
Lots of excitement this month! I got a lot of amazing new books and a new laptop for blogging but the best thing to happen this month has to be being quoted in a book for the first time for those who missed the post it was a quote in Angel Fire by L.A Weatherly you can find the post with me squealing here.

Bookish Lows of the month
Being ill for half of the month. Literally. I kept getting colds one after the other which really affected my blogging but I’m all better now so hopefully that’s it for a while!

Book’s I’m looking forward to in October
There’s quite a few I’m excited for this month but my number 1 has to be The Death Cure by James Dashner which is the last book in The Maze Runner series can’t wait! Between by Jessica Warman I’ve been hearing some great things from my blogger friends about that one, Past Perfect by Leila Sales, Sweetly by Jackson Pearce, Beautiful Chaos and Destined the latest books in the Beautiful Creatures and House of Night series although I have to get up to date with both series first!

So there you have it my September reading summed up for you guys. Have you read any of the books I’ve read this month? What were your thoughts on them? Leave me a comment and let me know and don’t forget to treat yourselves to One Day and Lola and the Boy Next Door! – You won’t regret it! Here’s to another month of fab reading ahead especially with the spooky and supernatural books for Halloween!

1 comment :

  1. Glad you enjoyed One Day! I'm still waiting for my copy of Lola to arrive. It was sent over a week ago, so don't know where it's gone, but you know what my post is like!

    I'm reading Angel Fire now. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo