Saturday 19 November 2011

Bookish News! The First Official Hunger Games Trailer and Upcoming Dystopian Releases

So here I was earlier this week casually y’know just chilling on Twitter when BAM. IT Happened. Tweets galore “Have you seen The Hunger Games trailer yet?” “Have YOU seen The Hunger Games trailer yet?” “HAVE YOU SEEN THE HUNGER GAMES TRAILER YET??!!” “Why no I haven’t!” So off I went on search on the interwebs. I found it, I clicked play, I clicked play again, repeat, repeat, repeat. I scrutinized, I observed, and after a good half hour of watching and much scrutiny I went straight back on Twitter and said “HAVE YOU SEEN THE HUNGER GAMES TRAILER YET??!!” I declared my love for it, told everyone I could to watch it, and let a little sparkle of hope dance around my heart that this was going to be one of those movies that actually lives up to the book. Then I went and re-read it.

For those who haven’t seen it yet I have thoughtfully provided it bellow for your viewing pleasure. And if you have seen it tell me what do you think?


You are most welcome!

Keeping with the dystopian theme I also have some awesome news courtesy of the lovely Lauren at Random House Children’s Books UK. Random House are bringing out some fantastic dystopian reads in 2012 and 2013 and I’m really happy to be able to share with you a sneak peak on what they’re about.

The first book coming our way is Starters by Lissa Price, an American screenwriter, publishing in April 2012, Starters is an action-packed thriller set in a world where eternal youthfulness can be had – at a price. One girl has the ability to bring it all tumbling down . . .

Hot on its tail in July 2012 will be Struck by Jenifer Bosworth which is set in a post- apocalyptic Los Angeles. After the city is devastated by an earthquake, Mia Price finds herself in the middle of a power struggle between two fanatical cults; one that wants to save the world and another that wants to destroy it.

Then for the first of our 2013 releases we have Sangu Mandanna’s debut The Lost Girl which centres around Eva, a feisty teen girl who technically has no true identity of her own. Eva is forced to abandon everything she's ever known and loved, finding herself torn between two worlds.

And finally, children’s librarian Emma Pass, releases ACID in early 2013. This action-packed novel introduces us to Jenna Strong, a truly kick-ass heroine who is serving time in an all-male prison for the murder of her parents. Set one hundred years in the future in a Big Brother style society; Britain is now under the control of ACID – a terrifying all-seeing police force.

Ruth Knowles, Commissioning Editor comments, ‘Dystopian fiction is a much-talked about genre, particularly with the release of The Hunger Games movie next spring. We have acquired some fantastic futuristic thrillers that we know will appeal to this audience, and are confident that RHCB will have some of the most exciting novels in the genre. The worlds within them are very different from each other, but all completely hook you in from the first page and do not let go.’

They all sound awesome right? I have to say my personal favourites that I’m most excited for are Starters and ACID they just sound so brilliant! But as a huge fan of dystopian books I’m sure I’m going to love all of them!

All together I’d say that we’re in for a fantastic dystopian filled year next year whether dooms day comes or not…

2 comments :

  1. Oooh, I hadn't seen the trailer yet! It looks amazing, maybe it'll do the book justice after all... And even though Gale is totally not MY Gale, Peeta isn't as far off the mark as I'd feared. I'll have to get reading CATCHING FIRE and MOCKINGJAY as well. Thanks Jess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have high hopes until I watched the trailer and now I can't wait! I feel exactly the same. Gale is not *my* Gale but I think he'll do and I actually really like Peeta I think in the movie I'm going to be Team Peeta where as in the book I was Team Gale. Kind of like with Twilight in the books I was Team Edward but in the film Team Jacob. I think that's the sign of a good actor when they can totally change your opinion around like that and bring out the best in their character.

    Yes you should really read Catching Fire and Mockingjay soon especially before the film comes out! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo