Monday 3 December 2012

November Round Up and Book of the Month!

November's Book of the Month is Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson 

This was my last book read last month and so I haven't had chance to post a review on why this book is so excellent yet but fear not it's coming soon! Tiger Lily was gorgeous, magical, and whimsical. What I loved about it is despite being set in a place as magical as Neverland, Tiger Lily read like your normal teenage girl hurting over her first love. It was like fantasy meets contemporary and I loved, loved, loved it! Definitely one of my favourites of 2012.



Books Read in November
80.) Meet Me Under The Mistletoe by Abby Clements (4*)
81.) Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone (4*)
82.) Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (4.5*)
83.) A Winter Flame by Milly Johnson (3.5*)
84.) How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr (4.5*)
85.) Easy by Tammara Webber (4*)
86.) Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (5*)

Total Books Read = 7 
Thoughts: One book more read than last month, yeah! Still not up to my usual reading rate but with Christmas coming up I think this is a fair number. Will I be reaching 100 books at this rate? Probably not. But hey it still could be possible.

November's Book Awards 
Best Plot: Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
Best Writing: Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
Best Cover: Meet Me Under The Mistletoe by Abby Clements
Best Characters: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Best Ending: How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr
Best Romance: Easy by Tammara Webber
Most un-put-down-able: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Most Memorable: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Best Moral: Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Tiger Lily, Days of Blood and Starlight, How to Save a Life

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in December
Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder
That's it! Not many releases in December unfortunately :(

Have you read any of the books I’ve read this month? What were your thoughts on them? Do you want to see a particular review for any of the books I’ve read this month sooner rather than later? Leave me a comment and let me know and I hope you’ve found some interesting books to add to your wishlist and don’t forget to treat yourselves to Tiger Lily (or even give it as a gift to the YA lover in your life this season or put it on your list to Santa ;)) – you won’t regret it! Here’s to another month of fab reading ahead - lets finish off 2012 in style! :D

2 comments :

  1. I really want to read Tiger Lily, it sounds amazing :) Especially since it has a link with Peter Pan! I hope next month is just as good for you.

    PS. I have just 'liked' your You Tube video for the Mira Ink competition and I just wanted to say good luck!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic Zoe! Thank you so much for taking the time to like my video :D

      Delete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo