Monday 10 June 2013

I'll Be Readathoning This Summer!

You guys know how much I love a good readathon and I'm committing myself to two of my favourites this summer. I'm hoping to participate in maybe another one or two later on but I'm not sure about dates yet so I may sign up nearer the time. The two that I'm signing up for today really caught my attention so I've made them a priority!
The first readathon I'm taking part in this summer will be the Debut-a-Thon which is being hosted by one of my favourite bloggers Books of Amber. This readathon will be running from June 27th to June 30th and in case you hadn't guessed already will be focusing on 2013 debuts of any genre. I believe this is the readathon's debut as well which is kind of cool. There are so many 2013 debut's calling to me from my bookshelves so I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to tackle some of them. Goals I'll decide on closer to the time and I've made a list of the 2013 debuts I own on Goodreads here, I'd love your help choosing which books I should read so feel free to leave your recommendations from this list in the comments! I'm pretty sure these are all debuts but I'm not 100% certain on a few of them so if you know any that aren't please let me know so I can take them off the list - I'd hate to be half way through a book during the readathon to find out it doesn't count!


The second readathon I'll be taking part in is an old favourite Once Upon a Read-a-Thon. This is its fourth run, I took part last year for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's hosted by Angela and Loretta at Reading Angels, Candace at Candace’s Book Blog and Lori at Pure Imagination (Fun Fact: Lori designed my blog!) this will run from July 8th to July 10th. I'm not entirely sure what I'll be reading for this yet but I think I'd like to take a break from the review books and catch up on some of the ones I've bought. Again goals and the books I'll be reading will go up closer to the date.

I'd love for some of you guys to join in if you can! And I'll be updating here on the blog, on Goodreads, and on Twitter if you want to follow my progress! Once again I'd love for you to check out my 2013 Debut List on Goodreads and suggest what I should read for the Debut-a-Thon! I can't wait to get started!

10 comments :

  1. Yay for Summer read-a-thons! I've signed up for both read-a-thons too Jess, so I'll definitely be rooting for you. It's great when you know several other bloggers taking part too. I have a feeling we will have a lot of fun! I'm off to check your debut list now hopefully we'll have some similar picks planned! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's so fun having blogger friends taking part too! I think we have a few in common...reading one at the same time might be fun!

      Delete
  2. I think I did Once Upon a Read-a-Thon last time, didn't I? Off to check that one out for round 2... I could do with a good 'thon to keep my mind on my books and off everything else. As long as we're not moving that week, it should all work out just fine... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you did! I hope you can join us!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the read-a-thons! I've never actually taken part in one - to be honest, they kind of terrify me :P. But maybe one day! For the Debut-a-Thon you should definitely read Angelfall and Acid! I loved them both and hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They used to terrify me too I used to think they'd be really competitive but they aren't at all! They're so much fun! I'll make a note of those, thanks Liz!

      Delete
  4. Heeeee, thanks for signing up! I hope it's going to be a lot of fun. I'm *definitely* going to have to sign up for the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon as well. Why not? :D

    I loooove your list of debuts. I'm jealous about a few of them! I'd definitely recommend Altered (!!!!), Pivot Point (!!!!), and Parallel. I'm so excited to read All Our Yesterdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great idea, Amber! We're going to have so much fun and it's awesome that you're taking part in Once Upon a Read-a-Thon too :) I'll make a note of the ones you've mentioned!

      Delete
  5. Yay for readathons! The Debutathon is only my second, but I'm beginning to really like the idea of them :) I'd recommend Losing It and Pivot Point. I've heard lots of good things about All Our Yesterdays as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I'll have to follow your progress too! I've made a note of the books you recommend I still have no idea what to read I think because I want to read all of them so bad!

      Delete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo