Saturday 2 November 2013

October Round-Up and Book of the Month!


October's Book of the Month is This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18114890-this-song-will-save-your-life

This Song Will Save Your Life is one of those books that hit me straight in the feels! It's about being different and finding the place you belong in the world and music and friendship and bad relationships. It's the kind of book that I wish was around when I was a teenager. I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did and it being book of the month is a really pleasant surprise. If you'd like to know more about this book and what I thought check out my 5 star review here where I also shared some of my favourite quotes from the book.


*** I think that these two GIF's sum up this book perfectly! *** 

 Read in October
87.) Red Hill by Jamie McGuire (4.5*)
88.) How to Love by Katie Cotugno (3.5*)
89.) The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (4.5*)
90.) Amelia Grey's Fireside Dream by Abby Clements (4*)
91.) This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales (5*)
92.) Allegiant by Veronica Roth (3*)
93.) The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher (4*)
94.) The Reunion by Amy Silver (4.5*)

October Book Awards
Best Plot: The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher
Best Writing: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Best Cover: Amelia Grey's Fireside Dream by Abby Clements
Best Characters: The Reunion by Amy Silver
Best Ending: This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Best Romance: Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Most un-put-down-able: Red Hill by Jamie McGuire
Most Memorable: This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Best Moral: This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: This Song Will Save Your Life, The Dream Thieves, Red Hill

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in November
Just For Christmas by Scarlett Bailey
Crash into You by Katie McGarry
The Edge of Always by J. A. Redmerski
Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop by Jenny Colgan

There aren't that many books being released this month, which is nice because it means I can catch up on some older releases I missed out on earlier this year. I'm pretty excited for November's month in reading because as you can see I've read 94 books which means that all going well I should reach my 100th book read this month! I've always wanted to read 100 books in a year and this will be my first time achieving that goal (I've come so close the last few years!) so I will be absolutely thrilled! Is it sad that reading 100 books in a year was actually on my bucket list!? Keep your fingers crossed for me!

What was the best book you read in October? And what are you looking forward to reading in November?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo