Monday 2 December 2013

November Round Up and Book of the Month


November's Book of the Month is Attachments by Rainbow Rowell



Rainbow Rowell has to be the best newly discovered author of mine for 2013. I read and loved both Eleanor and Park and Fangirl and Attachments was the last book I had to read from this author. Eleanor and Park and Fangirl are both YA novels so I was interested to see if I'd love Attachments as much with it being chick-lit and Rowell's debut novel but it was wonderful and is my second favourite following behind Fangirl. Attachments is an absolute delight to read. It's smart and witty and lovely and I had the biggest smile on my face from start to finish. It's like all of the best chick-flicks rolled into one and I'm sad that Nora Ephron isn't around to adapt this into the heart warming movie that it's screaming to be made into. If you haven't picked up a Rainbow Rowell book yet you are doing reading wrong.


*** Sighs happily *** 

Read in November
95.) Haze by Paula Weston (4*)
96.) Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (5*)
97.) Deception by C.J. Redwine (3.5*)
98.) A Gift to Remember by Melissa Hill (4*)
99.) The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead (5*)
100.) Crash Into You by Katie McGarry (4.5*)
101.) Calling Mrs Christmas by Carole Matthews (4.5*)
102.) Sanctum by Sarah Fine (4*)
103.) Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle (4*)

Reading Challenge Completed!
Not only was this month an awesome reading month but I also reached my reading target and read my 100th book of the year! I've always wanted to read 100 books in a year but have never quite reached it before despite coming close so I'm absolutely thrilled that I've done it this year and am planning on treating myself to some books on my wishlist soon as a reward! 

November Book Awards
Best Plot: Sanctum by Sarah Fine
Best Writing: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Best Cover: A Gift to Remember by Melissa Hill
Best Characters: The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
Best Ending: The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
Best Romance: The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
Most un-put-down-able: Sanctum by Sarah Fine
Most Memorable: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Best Moral: Calling Mrs Christmas by Carole Matthews

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Attachments, The Fiery Heart, Crash Into You

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in December 
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine
Here's Looking At You by Mhairi McFarlane

Again, not too many releases I'm excited for this month - which is nice because it means I can catch up on some older releases from this year and maybe sneak in one or two 2014 proof copies I have waiting for me to start on! This will be my last round-up post of 2013 as Decembers I'll do in January. I'm so happy with my year in reading! I've discovered so many amazing new books and authors and looking back I think this year has been the year of Contemporary and New Adult for me because they're the genre's I seem to have been loving the most! I'm hoping that despite the craziness of December I'll find some time over the holidays to top the year off with some amazing books.

What was your book of the month for November? And what books are on your TBR that you're hoping to get to before the year is out?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo