Saturday 3 May 2014

April Round Up and Book of the Month


April's Book of the Month is Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor



I had such an amazing reading month in April. I had two 5 star reads and everything else took either a 4 or 4.5 star rating. Months like this are incredibly rare and I had so much fun reading so many great books but that just makes choosing my favourite books of April all the more harder! 

Dreams of Gods and Monsters was one of the 5 star reads and I went with this one purely because it was the perfect ending to one of my most favourite series. It's definitely one of my favourite trilogy endings ever and I thoroughly enjoyed every single page! If you haven't read this series yet I strongly recommend that you do. I had the pleasure of meeting Laini Taylor on Thursday and am hoping to have an event write up on that next week.


*** If you've read Dreams of Gods and Monsters you'll know why I love this so, so much! If you haven't it doesn't really give anything away. Taken from lucky-ziri's Tumblr *** 

Read in April
25.) Bad Brides by Rebecca Chance (4*)
26.) The Worst Girlfriend in the World by Sarra Manning (4*)
27.) The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (4.5*)
28.) You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher (4.5*)
29.) The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith (5*)
30.) Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (5*)
31.) A Place to Call Home by Carole Matthews (4*)
32.) Tease by Amanda Maciel (4*)
33.) To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (4.5*)

Monthly Book Awards 
Best Plot: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Best Writing: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Best Cover: You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher
Best Characters: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Best Ending: You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher
Best Romance: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Most un-put-down-able: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Most Memorable: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Best Moral: Tease by Amanda Maciel

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Dreams of Gods and Monsters (if you hadn't got that from my book awards) The Geography of You and Me and To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in May
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
Just One Night by Gayle Forman
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Take Me On by Katie McGarry 
Torn Away by Jennifer Brown

 What was the best book you read in April? 
 And what are you looking forward to reading this month?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo