Friday 1 August 2014

July Round Up and Book of the Month


July's Book of the Month is Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers



*Drums head against desk* In all seriousness though, why did none of you tie me down and make me read this series sooner!? I finally decided to pick up Grave Mercy (the first in this series) in May and I loved it so much. To my surprise Dark Triumph was even better. It's such a "Jess book" and I loved everything about it. If you haven't read this series yet YOU NEED TO! Especially if you're a fan of books like Throne of Glass and Shadow and Bone. I seriously can't wait for Mortal Heart to be released in November, although, I can't see it surpassing my love for Dark Triumph - then again that's what I thought after Grave Mercy. NEW FAVOURITE SERIES ALERT PEOPLE!!!!!


*** Sybella and Beast though, am I right? *** 

Read in July 
54.) Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (5*)
55.) Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid (4*)
56.) Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill (3*)
57.) Blood Red Road by Moira Young (5*)
58.) Come Back To Me by Mila Gray (3*)
59.) The Rain by Virginia Bergin (4.5*)
60.) Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (4.5*)
61.) Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas (3*)
62.) The Manifesto on How to be Interesting by Holly Bourne (4.5*)

Monthly Book Awards
Best Plot: Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Best Writing: Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Best Cover: Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas
Best Characters: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
Best Ending: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Best Romance: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
Most un-put-down-able: The Rain by Virginia Bergin
Most Memorable: The Manifesto on How to be Interesting by Holly Bourne
Best Moral: The Manifesto on How to be Interesting by Holly Bourne

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Dark Triumph, Blood Red Road and The Manifesto on How to be Interesting

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in August
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (OMG! IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!)
Deliverance by C.J. Redwine
Fiendish by Brenna Yovanoff
Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke

 What was the best book you read in July? 
 And what are you looking forward to reading this month?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo