Saturday 27 September 2014

The Taylor Swift Book Tag

This tag was created over at The Book Life and I decided to do it because it gave me an excuse to listen to Taylor Swift for an hour, answer questions, look up funny Taylor Swift Gifs and think about books.


1. We are never getting back together: a book or series you were pretty sure you were in love with but then wanted to break up with
A big one that stands out for me this year is Conversion by Katherine Howe. I went into it sure I was going to love it and in the beginning I did but then I just got really bored and even though I stuck with it till the end I wish we had a book break up and I didn't waste my time.

2. Red: pick a book with a red cover
I've gone with one of my favourite covers of the year...


3. The best day: pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic
Last Chance by Sarah Dessen. I got my first copy of this book free with a magazine when I was around thirteen years old. I took it on holiday with me and read it over and over that summer and so I have a lot of fond memories attached to it. It was also the book that sparked my love for Sarah Dessen.

4. Love Story: pick a book with a forbidden love
I'm going to go with my latest favourite book with a forbidden love and that is The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. Not only did I love this book but I loved the romance here.


5. I knew you were trouble: pick a book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love
This is a bit of a strange pick but I'm going to go with Bloody Mary from James Dawson's Say Her Name. At times, as legend suggests, she was so scary but other times I felt really endeared towards her.

6. Innocent: pick a book that someone ruined the ending of 
Mockingjay. I think this was actually the first time I ever encountered a spoiler for a book on the internet and it was a couple of days after Mockingjay came out. Still not over it.


7. Everything has changed: pick a book that has a character who goes through extensive character development
A character who really stands out in my mind is Sydney from Vampire Academy and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. I actually didn't care for Sydney that much in VA and when I heard the Bloodlines spin off series was going to be about her I wasn't too keen but now five books into that series she has developed so much and is now one of my favourite heroines.

8. Forever and always: pick your favourite book couple
I have so many favourites and I can't choose an ultimate one so instead I will go for one of my new favourite couples of this year and that is Beast and Sybella from Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers.

9. You belong with me: most anticipated book release
Right now I am pining for Ashes to Ashes the final book in the Burn for Burn trilogy by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian. Luckily I don't have much longer to wait!

10. Come back, be here: pick a book you wouldn’t lend out to anyone for fear of missing it too much
My signed copy of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. It's one of my favourite books and most treasured possessions and it's never leaving my side.

11. Tear drops on my guitar: a book that made you cry a lot
I'm such a crier especially when it comes to books but the book I think I cried the most with both whilst reading and after reading is Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. If you've read it you'll know why.

12. Shake it off: a book that you love so much you just shake off the haters
I almost didn't give this book a chance because it was receiving a lot of bad reviews on Goodreads and I'm so glad that I did because it's actually one of my favourite reads of 2014 and that book is The Rain by Virginia Bergin. A lot of people didn't like the main character but I actually found Ruby's voice to be really different and what made this book so good.


The End
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo