Wednesday 1 October 2014

September Round Up and Book of the Month


September's Book of the Month is Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan



Okay, so at this point I'm sure you all have had enough of me talking about Unmade and my undying love for it but for one last time I want to stress how much I loved this book and this series as a whole. If you haven't picked up this series yet and enjoy books by the likes of Cassandra Clare and Maggie Stiefvater then you are going to be ALL OVER The Lynburn Legacy. There are snarky, diverse characters and a plot that's full of heartbreak and mystery. Unmade was such a fantastic ending to the trilogy and despite me reading a lot of great books in September this one stood out to me for its all-round awesomeness. If you'd like to read more of my thoughts on Unmade check out my review here.
 

Jared and Kami anyone? 

Read in September
72.) She is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick (4*)
73.) Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan (4*)
74.) Boomerang by Noelle August (3.5*)
75.) A Proper Family Holiday by Chrissie Manby (4.5*)
76.) Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini (4.5*)
77.) Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer (3*)
78.) The Year I Met You by Cecelia Ahern (3.5*)
79.) Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan (5*)
80.) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (4.5*)

Monthly Book Awards
Best Plot: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Best Writing: Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan
Best Cover: She is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick
Best Characters: Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan
Best Ending: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Best Romance: Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan
Most un-put-down-able: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Most Memorable: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Best Moral: She is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Unmade, Gone Girl and Trial by Fire

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in October 
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King
My True Love Gave to Me by Stephanie Perkins and More
A Little in Love by Susan Fletcher
Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
The Christmas Party by Carole Matthews
The Christmas Surprise by Jenny Colgan

 What was the best book you read in September? 
 And what are you looking forward to reading this month?
 I can hardly believe that Christmas books are on my list already!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo