Friday 6 November 2015

The Twelve Books of Christmas

November 6th may be early to start thinking about Christmas for some people, but as a book blogger I've been receiving lots of Christmas books for review over the last few weeks and I find that if I don't start reading and reviewing them as soon as November 1st hits I'd never get through them all before Christmas!

I think that more Christmas books have been released this year than ever before and so for today's post I decided to share with you the twelve books on my TBR that I'm the most excited to read this Christmas for anybody looking for some festive reads to add to their reading piles.


Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin 
So, I'm cheating a little bit by including this one because I'm currently reading it but I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far and I'm looking forward to reading the rest, so it counts! This book made me laugh out loud and gave me the warm fuzzies when I was only 10% in on my Kindle. The characters are so warm and likeable and I love the town of White Cliff Bay. This is a feel-good Christmas romance about a woman called Penny who rents her annex out to a man and his daughter over the Christmas period, and of course with a dash of Chirstmas magic love is in the air! I think this'll be perfect for anyone looking for a festive romance. There's also a second book set in the same town that's out now 'Snowflakes on Silver Cove' that you can jump into after!


One Wish in Manhattan by Mandy Baggot 
This one has been getting some wonderful reviews from my blogger friends already so I'm very excited to read it! This festive treat is set in New York as Hayley takes her daughter to try and find her dad. I've always wanted to visit New York at Christmas and sadly it hasn't happened for me yet so I'm looking forward to going on horse-drawn carriage rides through central park with Hayley and her daughter this Christmas instead!


Make A Christmas Wish by Julia Williams 
If the cute, festive romances mentioned above aren't for you and you'd like something a little more sentimental then Make a Christmas Wish could be perfect for you. This reminds me of a book I read and loved called 'The Dead Wife's Handbook' which makes it very appealing to me. This story follows Livvy who died last Christmas, in the months since her death she's floated on the edge of the afterlife because she's not ready to leave her son and husband behind just yet. This Christmas she's been given one last magical chance to put things right for her family before leaving them for good. This sounds like the kind of book that will make me cry and hold on to my loved ones a little bit tighter this Christmas.


Every Time a Bell Rings by Carmel Harrington 
Don't put the tissues away just yet! I have another Christmas weepy here! Every Time a Bell Rings is inspired by the Christmas movie classic 'It's a Wonderful Life' and follows a similar theme. Belle and her partner Jim are foster parents and although they're not supposed to they've grown particularly attached to little Lauren who's now ready to go back to her mother. Unable to cope Belle finds herself standing on The Ha’Penny Bridge and wishes she'd never been born. But little does she know an angel is listening whose ready to show her that life is for the living. This is a must read for anyone who loves 'It's a Wonderful Life' and is looking for a little magic this Christmas!


Lily and the Christmas Wish by Keris Stainton 
I love Keris' YA books and was really excited when I heard that she had written a Christmas book for children. The book itself sounds very sweet - the little town of Pinewood are celebrating Christmas this year by putting up a Christmas tree and asking all of the town's people to hang a Christmas wish on the branches. But after a storm blows in the wishes get granted but mixed up! Lily, her brother and her pug must sort out the wishes or else nobody in her little town will get what they want for Christmas this year. I'm planning on getting this for my seven year old cousin for Christmas and it sounds so sweet that I'm going to have to get a copy for myself too!


A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig 
So when Stephen Fry blurbs a book saying "Matt Haig has written the most evergreen, immortal Christmas story to be published for decades" you better believe that I'm going to want to read it! This is another children's book although this is aimed for the middle grade market. I really don't know much about it other than it's beautifully illustrated by Chris Mould and is about a boy who isn't afraid to believe in magic. I think this will be a brilliant book for anyone, of any age and did I mention it is blurbed by Stephen Fry? BECAUSE IT IS!


All Wrapped Up by Holly Smale 
Moving on up to YA books, this Christmas we have a Geek Girl special from Holly Smale. This is a Geek Girl short Christmas story that takes place between books one and two. I love Harriet Manners and can't wait to spend Christmas with her and her friends and family. This is one of the only YA releases I could find that is out this year which I think is a real shame. I'd love to see more Christmas YA on the shelves but in the meantime I will be cherishing this one!


A Wedding at Christmas by Chrissie Manby 
Another family that I can't wait to spend Christmas with this year is the Benson's! This is the fourth book in the 'Proper Family' series and I can't wait to catch up with this lovable family that after four books I've grown very attached to! I won't say too much about this one as it's part of a series, other than to say that I'm very much looking forward to attending a certain couples wedding!


The Winter Wedding by Abby Clements 
If you're in the mood to attend a white wedding this Christmas but haven't read the 'Proper Family' series then look no further than standalone The Winter Wedding! I love Abby's books and her debut 'Meet Me Under the Mistletoe' is one of my all-time favourite Christmas reads so I'm very excited for another winter book from her. This is about a wedding planner who dreams of finding her own happy ending this winter all whilst juggling the stress of planning two very different weddings!


A Christmas Tail by Cressida McLaughlin 
This sounds like such a me book as it's about two of my favourite things dogs and Christmas! This is a bind up of the four Primrose Terrace novellas. This series follows Cat - Primrose Terrace's dog walker and ends with the final story taking place at Christmas. If you love dogs this sounds like the perfect read for curling up on the couch with your dog at your side this Christmas.


The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson 
This is another bind-up of books that was first released as short novellas. It's one of the first Christmas books I heard about and got excited for this year. After breaking up from her long-term boyfriend Claudia suddenly finds herself spending Christmas alone and so she decides to embark on a new adventure and have twelve dates before Christmas to discover who she is and what she wants in life and love.


The Little Bookshop on the Seine by Rebecca Raisin 
I've wanted to read Rebecca Raisin's books for a while and when I first heard about The Little Bookshop on the Seine - the first book in her new trilogy - I knew this was where I had to start! This book features books, Paris and Christmas. Seriously, what more could you want from a book? The story is about bookshop owner Sarah who decides to exchange bookshops with her Parisian friend for six months. Needless to say I'm very excited to follow Sarah's bookish adventures in Paris over Christmastime! 

 So those are the twelve books that I'm the most excited to read during the build up to Christmas this year. Hopefully I've added a little something for everyone and there is something here that you like the look of. 

Keep your eye on the blog for plenty of festive reviews and posts in the upcoming weeks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo