Monday 1 February 2016

January Round Up and Book of the Month

So, I set my Goodreads goal to read 125 books in 2016 and in January I got off to a great start! I read 18 books which I think is the largest amount of books I've ever read in one month! Admittedly, a lot of them were graphic novels, because I've been on a bit of a graphic novel kick lately, but I enjoyed all of the books I read last month so it's all good! Here's my wrap up of my reading for January.

 January's Book of the Month is 13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough



I read so many fantastic books in January and gave most of the books I read a 4 or 4.5 star rating but 13 Minutes is my first (and so far my only) 5 star read of the year *throws confetti.* If you like thrillers or books about toxic female friendships then you're going to LOVE this book! I described it in my review as "Mean Girls on crack" and totally stand by that. I couldn't put this book down and was in awe of how well crafted it was. If you're a fan of shows like Scream Queens or Pretty Little Liars then you have to check this book out! You can read my full review for 13 Minutes here.


Read in January 
1.) Keep the Faith by Candy Harper (4*)
2.) Amulet: The Last Council by Kazu Kibuishi (4.5*)
3.) The Young Elites by Marie Lu (4.5*)
4.) Amulet: Prince of the Elves by Kazu Kibuishi (4*)
5.) Spectacles by Sue Perkins (4*)
6.) 13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough (5*)
7.) Amulet: Escape From Lucien by Kazu Kibuishi (4*)
8.) Underwater by Marisa Reichardt (4*)
9.) The Rose Society by Marie Lu (4.5*)
10.) Giant Days by John Allison, Lissa Treiman, Whitney Cogar (4.5*)
11.) Princeless by Jeremy Whitley, M. Goodwin (3.5*)
12.) Lumberjanes Volume 1 by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Brooke A. Allen, Maarta Laiho (3.5*)
13.) In Real Life by Cory Doctorow, Jen Wang (4*)
14.) Wayward Volume 1 by Jim Zub, Steven Cummings, John Rauch (4*)
15.) Lumberjanes Volume 2 by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, Brooke Allen, Maarta Laiho (4*)
16.) Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris (4.5*)
17.) The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury (4*)
18.) Wayward Volume 2 by Jim Zub, Steven Cummings, Tamra Bonvillain (4*)

Monthly Book Awards 
Best Plot: The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Best Writing: 13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough
Best Cover: The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury
Best Characters: Giant Days by John Allison, Lissa Treiman, Whitney Cogar
Best Ending: The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury
Best Romance: Underwater by Marisa Reichardt
Best Friendship: Spectacles by Sue Perkins
Most un-put-down-able: Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
Most Memorable: 13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough
Best Moral: Underwater by Marisa Reichardt

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: 13 Minutes, Behind Closed Doors, Giant Days

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in February 
How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne
A Gathering of Shadows by V. E. Schwab
Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
The Case of the Blue Violet by Robin Stevens
Amulet: Firelight by Kazu Kibuishi
The Little Shop of Happy-Ever-Aft​er by Jenny Colgan


 What was the best book you kicked off 2016 with? 
And what are you looking forward to reading in February?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo