Friday 9 December 2016

Christmas With Chrissie Manby

Today I have Chrissie Manby on the blog talking about her new Christmas book A Fairy Tale For Christmas and how she celebrates Christmastime. So grab a hot chocolate, turn on your Christmas playlist and spend Christmas with Chrissie Manby...


1.) What can readers expect from A Fairy Tale for Christmas?
Christmas cheer and classic British comedy. A Fairy Tale for Christmas follows the members of an amateur dramatic society as they rehearse and perform in a production of the pantomime Cinderella. There’s plenty of mayhem behind the curtains and lots of romance too as Kirsty, who is playing Cinderella, finds herself torn between her own Prince Charming, director Jon, and single father Ben, who is roped in to play Buttons.

2.) How do you get into the festive spirit to write your Christmas stories? 
I burn orange and spice scented candles and eat mince pies, if I can get hold of them. Since the supermarkets seem to start stocking their Christmas food in September now, it isn’t hard!

3.) If you could play any part in the NEWTS pantomime what would it be?
I’d like to play the Fairy Godmother. You get a good outfit and you’ve got the audience on your side. I suppose I should say Cinderella but I’ve always thought of her as a bit of a drip. Fancy marrying a man who could only recognise you by the size of your feet!

4.) Can we expect any more stories from the Bensons in the future?
I hope so. Falling Leaves and Fireworks, which came out in October, is a novella featuring the Bensons at Halloween and Bonfire Night. Next year, I’m planning to at least put out a Christmas short featuring the gang. Maybe a novel, if I can write quickly enough!

5.) What’s your favourite thing about Christmas? 
My favourite thing about Christmas is spending time with my family. Dad died suddenly at the end of August, so this year it’s more important than ever for the rest of us to get together. I know we’re going to miss him terribly.

6.) Do you have any Christmas traditions? 
Every year I try to persuade my brother-in-law that we should set up a company called ‘Christmas Crappers’, selling crackers with rubbish presents inside them. Then we remind ourselves that crackers always have rubbish presents inside them. Does that count? I also always hate the John Lewis ad. The music. The mawkishness. Ugh!

7.) Favourite Christmas food and drink? 
Whatever my mum and my fabulous sister Kate are cooking! I love satsumas too.

8.) Favourite Christmas movie?
Got to be White Christmas for me. My favourite thing to watch at Christmas however has to be the Christmas episode of The Royle Family in which Denise and Dave defrost the turkey in the bath.

9.) Favourite Christmas song? 
For a weepy, I love The Coventry Carol. For a party, I love The Waitresses’ Christmas Wrapping

10.) What does Christmas mean to you? 
That’s a big question. A time to draw your loved ones close and wish for Peace On Earth even if it seems increasingly unachievable? How about that?


 A Fairy Tale For Christmas is available to buy in all good bookshops now. 
 Add A Fairy Tale For Christmas on Goodreads here 
 Follow Chrissie on Twitter @chrissiemanby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo