Friday 13 December 2013

My Most Anticipated Books of 2014 Part 2: Sequels

Welcome to the second part of my Most Anticipated Books of 2014 series! Last Friday I was talking about debuts, standalones and first books in a new series. If for some reason you missed it the post can be found here. Today I'll be sharing the ten sequels that are being released in 2014 that I'm the most excited about. I won't be including the synopsis for the books this time around because I don't want to accidentally spoil anybody who isn't up to date with any of these series' or hasn't had the chance to check them out yet. Without further ado, in no particular order, here are my top ten most anticipated sequels!

Cress by Marissa Meyer 
Series: Book 3 in The Lunar Chronicles 
Coming February 4th 2014 
I'm such a huge fan of this series and Rapunzel is one of my favourite fairytales! Already from the synopsis I think that Marissa's unique spin on this sounds amazing and I'm so glad that I only have to wait until early February to get my hands on a copy!

Split Second by Kasie West 
Series: Book 2 in the Pivot Point Series 
Coming February 11th 2014 
I absolutely fell in love with both Pivot Point and a certain boy earlier this year and after that ending that broke my heart I have been desperate to get my hands on this book to find out what will happen next! Luckily there's not long left to wait!

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins 
Series: Book 3 in the Anna and the French Kiss Trilogy 
Coming May 13th 2014 
We have waited for this book for so long guys! So long! It's been pushed back and pushed back but hopefully this time it will finally be released next May. Stephanie wrote a really brave and personal post on why the book was pushed back here. I love Stephanie's books and can't wait for Isla's story as well as checking in with Lola, Cricket, Anna and Étienne. I'm also ridiculously excited that Stephanie now has a UK publisher in Usborne and that all of her books will be out in the UK next year.

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare 
Series: Book 6 in The Mortal Instruments 
Coming May 27th 2014 
I know this is a big one for many people. I'm nervous and excited to see what's going to go down and just hope that Cassandra Clare doesn't break my heart! Although I do like this series I LOVE The Infernal Devices on a whole other level and if you've read Clockwork Princess then you'll know why I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor 
Series: Book 3 in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy 
Coming April 8th 2014 
This doesn't have an official UK cover yet so I'm using the US one for now. This is one of my favourite series ever and I can not wait to see how it all ends! War, Love, Magic - if this is as good as the other two in the series then this is going to be a stunning finale and I absolutely love the title!

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin 
Series: Book 3 in the Mara Dyer Trilogy 
Coming June 10th 2014 
This is another book that has been pushed back and the summer of 2014 still feels like such a long wait for us poor Mara Dyer fans! I love how different this series is and I adore Noah Shaw. I have heard next to nothing about what this book will be about yet (other than it's the last book in the trilogy) and I feel so teased!

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo 
Series: Book 3 in The Grisha Series 
Coming June 3rd 2014 
You all know what a huge supporter I am of this series! It's one of my all-time favourite Fantasy series and Ruin and Rising is one of the books I am coveting the hardest in this list!

Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead 
Series: Book 5 in the Bloodlines Series 
Coming July 29th 2014 
Richelle Mead has been one of my favourite authors for years so naturally this was going to be on my list regardless, but after reading The Fiery Heart with that ending I can't begin to tell you how much my soul needs Silver Shadows! Two words: Sydrian Feels!

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey 
Series: Book 2 in The 5th Wave Series 
Coming May 6th 2014 
The 5th Wave is one of the best books I read this year and I am already so excited for the sequel! The 5th Wave ticked all the right boxes for me with developed and likeable characters, a terrifying world and beautiful writing. I'm hoping for more of the same from The Infinite Sea!

Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray 
Series: Book 2 in The Diviners Series 
Coming August 5th 2014 
I really enjoyed The Diviners when I read it last year and have been looking forward to the second book for the longest time. It reminds me a little of The Infernal Devices so if you like that series I'd recommend checking this one out! I really hope the UK gets a different cover because I don't like this one - the first book was so pretty! 


Are any of these books on your sequels wishlist for 2014? Which sequels are you most looking forward to? Stop by the blog at the same time next week for the final part in this series where I'll be talking about the UKYA releases in 2014 that I'm pining for!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo