Sunday 5 January 2014

Kicking Off 2014 With Bout of Books! Sign Up and Goals



The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

IT'S TIME TO GET MY READ ON!!!!


What better way to start a new year in reading than by taking part in a readathon? This is the perfect chance for me to dive into some shiny new 2014 titles, read some of the books I got for Christmas and eat some of the left over chocolates! It's also taking place a couple of weeks before my birthday so I'm looking at it as a pre-birthday treat!

I spent this morning putting together a TBR List which you can find here on Goodreads. I have 15 books to give me plenty of variety depending on my mood and I'd be happy to read three or four of these, any higher would be an added bonus! I'll be kicking off the readathon with Where The Stars Still Shine which I'm buddy reading along with Jasprit and I can't wait to get started!

I'm not sure if I'll be doing any updates on the blog or taking part in any challenges this time around. My dog's having chemo and will need a lot of extra love and attention so I don't want to make any commitments right now when I don't know how much free time I'll have. But I will be updating on Twitter and Goodreads and am going to be doing a wrap up post when the readathon is over.

Good luck if you're taking part! Which books on my TBR do you think that I should make a readathon priority?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo