Sunday 26 January 2014

Letterbox Love (36) Birthday Book Haul!



Letterbox Love is a meme hosted by Lynsey @ Narratively Speaking for UK based book bloggers to showcase the books that they’ve received each week.

Thursday marked my 24th birthday and I had so many nice messages from you guys on Twitter! Thank you so much for that, they were coming in all day long! I had a really relaxed day of eating cake, reading my book, and catching up on some TV. I received make-up, PJ's, lovely smelling things from The Body Shop, chocolates, a gorgeous handmade Twiss pen, perfume and books. More books than I was expecting actually! I'm guessing you guys are here for the books so here's what I got for my birthday as well as the books I got for review this week. Needless to say I am feeling very lucky and spoilt! On a side note sorry about the quality of these photos - I took them whilst it was dark and storming outside.

 Birthday Books


Mother, Mother by Koren Zailckas
It's been ages since I read an adult thriller but I really felt like picking one up recently so after reading some good reviews from my blogger friends I bought this with some birthday money. I've been reading it this weekend whilst it's been stormy and I'm loving it!
How to Fall in Love by Cecelia Ahern
This one was a gift from my brother. I used to love Cecelia Ahern and read her books religiously but I haven't read any of her new books in recent years. This ones synopsis really caught my attention and I'm looking forward to rediscovering this author soon.
Kiss Me First by Lottie Moggach
This is another book a little out of my comfort zone but I think it sounds fantastic and I've seen so many good reviews for it! Maybe this will be the year I rediscover my love for adult thrillers?
Vicious by V. E. Schwab
This one has been on my wishlist since it was first released in the US but I've been holding out for the UK edition and was so happy to receive this from my mum and dad. I love Victoria Schwab's YA novels and I can't wait to read this!


Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
This book has been on my wishlist for ages but there are so many gorgeous editions of it that I wasn't sure which one to get! I was really pleased to receive this edition which has the girl in the dress from the UK cover and the lovely design of the US hardback. Basically it's the best of both from the two covers I was torn between! I've heard great things for this series and can't wait to see what the fuss is about.
Golden by Jessi Kirby
Jessi Kirby is an author I've been meaning to check out for a while. I've read so many rave reviews for Golden and I'm so glad I have a hardback copy - it's absolutely beautiful!
The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
Laurie is one of my favourite authors from when I was a teen so I was all over this one when I opened it! It's also about PTSD which I've been diagnosed with so I can't wait to see how she handles it. 

For Review


Far From You by Tess Sharpe (Proof Copy)
I was so excited when this came in the post! It sounds like a fantastic YA thriller and has been on my radar for a while now. I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing this soon.
The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
This book arrived as a total surprise and I couldn't be happier! I've only read one book by the author before and that was the beautiful Me Before You which is actually one of my all time favourite books so I'm really excited to read something new from Jojo.
If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
This one I've actually already read and reviewed (check out my review here) but it arrived as a surprise along with Far From You from the publishers. This is the new paperback edition and I'm completely in love with this cover! I only had the proof copy until now so I'm so happy to replace it with this beautiful edition.

 From Netgalley 


Netgalley got me again this week! Simon and Schuster UK have recently joined and have been tempting me with their upcoming titles. I just finished reading The Wish List by Jane Costello which I read for my birthday and I absolutely loved it! I just had to snatch up The Time of Our Lives when I saw it on there! The Year of the Rat is one that I've heard exciting things about for months now and it sounds absolutely heartbreaking and beautiful. Then there's the new J.A Redmerski who is one of my favourite NA authors. The publishers emailed me about The Memory Book which sounds right up my street and like another beautiful and moving read. It also has a comparison to Me Before You which completely sold me. I have so many exciting books on my Kindle right now that I'm like a kid in a sweetshop - spoiled for choice and not sure where to begin first!

 As always thank you to the lovely publishing folk for the review copies. If you decided to do a Letterbox Love, Book Haul, IMM, Showcase Sunday, Mailbox Monday or whatever else featuring the books you got this week leave me a link as I’d love to check out your books too! ^_^ 

 Happy reading till next time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo